Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 3:01:12 PM EDT
I used to use a Tactical Tailor three point tactical sling on my Colt Sporter Target.

Today, I put a Surefire M500A on it, and that sling no longer works on it.

Which sling should I use now?

Maybe a CQB Solutions Special OPs Patrol Sling
attached to a GGG Sling Thing on the front sight?

But the surefire has the little LEDs on the other side of the rifle.  It looks like these LEDs will interfere with a tactical sling mounted to the front sight.

By the way, this M500A is damn nice light.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same problem. I have been using a Giles sling from GG&G on my Bushy, & have been very happy with it. But now, with the SF 500, the Giles works only by putting the front loop through the sight tower & cinching it down real tight (don't tell GG&G, I'm sure they wouldn't approve).

So last week I ordered a single-point adapter & HST sling from CQB Solutions. As soon as it comes in, I will let you know how it works.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster sells a side sling swivel that clamps on to the barrel instead of the front post. I have on my rifle, and it works very well. I don't yet have an M500, but it looks like it should fit under the LED lamp.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW.  That was the best advice yet.

It looks like I will get the BMAS Rail Sling Mount with a QD Swivel and put it on the BMAS Triple Mount.

Then I will buy a Special Operations Patrol Sling from CQB Solutions.

Now my only problem is figuring what to put on the other two rails!

Thanks, SomeGuyInAHat.  I appreciate your help.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top