Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 2:19:50 PM EDT
I need a lil' help from experienced VLTOR users.  Rate your purchase please.  I'm considering one for a CAR, in the std. form, not he clubfoot.  But have questions:

1. Rattles?
  Any, from batt. compartments etc?

2. How do those "joining teeth" feel?
  I've seen one member 90mph tape over  it.   Is there a reason?

3.   Under recoil/movement do the compartments shift enough to pinch the face/face hair?

4. How does balance feel w/ stock loaded?  
  And what's the weight compared to a std CAR  stock?

Thanks in advance guys.  I just joined ARFCom officially.  Any idea if I can expect an intro/welcome e-mail to confirm receipt?

Sul2.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the rifle length A2 version.

1) No rattles. Nothing to rattle.
2) The teeth are not noticeable.
3) Nothing moves under recoil. Nothing pinches my face.
4) It is lighter then the A2 or A1. If you put it on a 20" the rifle is muzzle heavy. Balance varies depending on barrel type and how many things you have bolted on up front.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanx, -SUL2
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the club foot rifle version.  I was thinking the same thing about the stock and my beard.  I was a heavy beard recruit when I was enjoying my beautiful stay at Parris Island.  I have been using the stocks now for a few months and it's awesome. I have no problem with it and love it.  I will post a picture of it when I get a digital camera.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
ditto what lancelot said.  the modstock is VERY comfortable.  only comment i have is with 1) to prevent any rattling of the contents, i use a bit of foam to prevent the batteries from sliding back and forth.  
the stock is pretty solid and you can't feel the 'joining teeth'.

pics and review of the carbine and rifle modstocks plus the magpul on my page here:

[url]http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/weapons.2.html[/url] note: username and password are both 'mm'.
hope that helps.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1. Rattles?
  Any, from batt. compartments etc?
View Quote

None, from any part.  Its the most rattle free CAR stock Ive owned, including a recent production Colt M4 Type II.

2. How do those "joining teeth" feel?
  I've seen one member 90mph tape over it.
  Is there a reason?
View Quote

Ive never noticed them.

3.   Under recoil/movement do the compartments shift enough to pinch the face/face hair?
View Quote

Im clean shaven, but even on shaggy weekends, Ive never noticed it.

4. How does balance feel w/ stock loaded?  
  And what's the weight compared to a std CAR  stock?
View Quote

Its a bit heavier, only because its loaded with Aimpoint and Surefire batteries.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11432[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a ton, guys for taking the time.

SUL2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top