Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2003 9:23:00 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good bipod for my 16" HBAR Rockriver AR15.  I have the short M4 Handguards and did not know if that would bother mounting it in anyway.

SrA Trix
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a harris on my colt,  13 inch and there about as good as they get. Cost was 70.00 for the bipod,  and 10.00 for the mount. Very sturdy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Harris UL 9-13" on my carbines. It is mounted on a Fobus QD universal equipment mount so I can switch out from the bipod to the light and foregrip on my AAC rail.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the Harris Bipods collapsable, or are they a fixed Bipod.  What is a good site to look at them on?  Any Suggestions.

SrA Trix
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:04:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are the Harris Bipods collapsable, or are they a fixed Bipod.  What is a good site to look at them on?  Any Suggestions.

SrA Trix
View Quote

The Harris is collapsible within a fixed range, and there are different ranges of adjustment available.  The 7 to 13 inch model mentioned above is probably the most popular for rifles used in the field. There's a shorter model for bench resters, and a longer one for use by those who do most of their shooting in the sitting position.

Have had a Harris 7-13 model for well over 20 years, and never had a single problem. Because of my own attempts to do a modification on the mounting bracket a couple of years ago, I broke a wing off the mount clamp.  Purely my own idiocy.  Called Harris for a replacement, and they sent my a new bracket assy, totally w/o charge.  Really good folks[:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Who tends to have the best prices on the Harris bipods?  I'm looking at getting the BRS model for my tack driver, and have seen prices in the $90 range.  Is that about as good as I'm going to find?  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top