Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 9:29:31 AM EDT
looking to buy the current issue m9 bayonet ,would like to know if ontario knife company is any good.what company has the military contract for these knifes?

thanks
               another new guy
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that Phrobis and Buck make the two most desireable M9 bayonet.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info,would you have a link to a company that sells  them? BUCK /PHROBIS
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a link, but type either name in the search engine and you should come up with a quite a few topics that will cover this.  

Also try typing the same names in google and see what you come up with.  

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my Ontario M9. It only lacks the sharpening stone on the sheath (never saw anyone actually use that stone either).

Your choice of black and green.
[url]http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/ontario/[/url]

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I think Brigade Quartermasters sells the Ontario version

[url]www.actiongear.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Brigade Quartermaster(among others) sell an M9 "type" bayonet which is closer to the original including sharpening stone and an attached stone "pouch". I went with this one and love it. It's made in Korea. It only costs 60 bucks. In my opinion the offered "current" M9's are inferior as they do not reflect the original intent as well. Workmanship on my M9 is good. At Brigade Quartermasters website just click on "express ordering" and then type in GIB09 to see it. BQ says that the current offering solves problems/deficiencies.whatever. What they mean is "buy the new one...it costs more..more profits" They are bad about that kind of sh*t.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I also heard good things about the Brigade Quartermaster version, whichever mfg that is, and their add says they are selling the latest version with the latest modifications to the M9.  These mods include being able to put the blade into the sheath in either direction, elimination of stress points on the blade, and an improved wire cutter... I'm getting one myself to replace my old one.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top