Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2003 4:04:01 PM EDT
i'd really like to get some pouches for my MOLLE vest that are compatible with Magpul-equipped AR mags.  i have USGI mag pouches but i think they are too bulky and awkward for vest use.  
i remember the magpul "info book" mentioning magpul-approved manufacturers, but am not sure where to look.
thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you use your mag puls? SKD? Standard? From a tac vest you would be wise to go SKD. Anything from tactical tailor would work fine. Don't worry about the compatible BS. Just go one less than capasity. Check out this web site lots of good stuff, good prices. http://www.lightfighter.com Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
CTC pouches and Blackhawk STRIKE pouches have both fit Magpuls for me as well as Specops Brand
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Try one designed for 30rd AK mags.  Tactical Tailor AK, and the USGI-style AK pouches have both worked for me.  [img]www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/product_images/1277/AKS-009.jpg[/img][url=http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=AKS%2D009&mscssid=BV0CTFF7UT349H8FMF8LWQSU37385AM2]CTD[/url]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Spec Ops pouches, Blackhawk Strike M4 and AK/M4 pouches.  All of them fit great with the magpuls.

Let me know if you would like pics of the pouches with mags in them.  I can get some posted on wed or thursday.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
would love to see pics...my vest is currently covered with SDS 2-mag pouches...way too tight for 2 magpul-equipped mags, even if i go SKD and cut down the "height" of the mags.  i like the pouches but want something that still can carry 2 mags horizontally to each other (not "vertical" in the style of the USGI 3 mag pouches, "vertical" meaning pointing "outward" from your body, because i like the lower profile of mags laying "flat" against my body).
way too many "" in that, I know....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Oops, forgot to mention that I got my TacTailor AK mag pouches from Brad @ LightFighter.  He knows his stuff, good to deal with.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top