Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 7:36:10 PM EDT
I have a carbine that needs a sling replacement. Was wondering how people with the Sayeret - Special Forces Rifle Sling from Zahal like them. Got an SP bud that hates the 3-pointers and suggests going with something else. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i love mine. Plan on getting a few more.

i'm considering getting another one, but just the Improved IDF version and not the Sayeret.

Both seem to be long enough for me that the ERB isn't needed, and the earplug pouch on the IDF version seems quite practical.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought three of them awhile back, and I do not like them at all.  Nylon is too slippery to use for a sling; the things are too darned wide, and the extras and add ons jusrt get in the way.

Much prefer the older, Galil issue, sling that Northridge sells.  It's canvas; stays on your shoulder and is long enough so that you could sling it on your shoulder and have the rifle around your ankles if you want it there[:D].

Already have one of the Sayeret jobs in the parts box. Will put the other two in there as soon as the new Galil jobs get here.

I know I'm in the minority here, but i've got to call it like I see it[:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bought three of them awhile back, and I do not like them at all.  Nylon is too slippery to use for a sling; the things are too darned wide, and the extras and add ons jusrt get in the way. SNIP
View Quote

i know this was discussed already but:
They're wide to be comfortable for extended carry in a patrol position, also why they're slippery, to allow freedom of movement. They're not really practical as parade/range slings.

Different strokes. Incidentally, if you're interested in selling yours and recovering some of your costs... [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh?  They're only barely long enough in the extended position for this 6 footer, and when they are extended, you've got that durned flap and catch mechanism flopping around to make things more pleasant.

Sorry, you guys are buying into Israeli propaganda, and they can BS w/the best. I should know; I'm married to an Israeli. darling woman and i love her to death, but when she, and most of the other Israelis I know, want to sell you a bill of goods, used car salesmen would turn green with envy.

As I said in my first post, I'm in the minority here.  My advice; buy one and live w/it for awhile. If it meets your needs; great. If it doesn't, well you didn't bankrupt yourself getting it, and Northridge will probably still have the older versions in stock [:D][:D]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top