Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2003 8:48:33 PM EDT
I bought a couple of Battlegrips from TangoDown www.tangodownlss.com for $30 each. The arrived at my door in less than 24 hours which shocked the hell out of me.

I wanted something to store the DL-1 batteries for my Aimpoint and CR123A batteries for my TACM III light. My M-4 doesn't have a "trunk" in the buttstock to store them in. The Battlegrip has a duckbill removing the need for a "grapper".

I got one in standard tactical black for my Bushmaster and one in green for my Armalite. The green wasn't a very good match for the Armalite darker OD green. The Battlegrip is a couple shade of green too light for a good match but it matches better than a black one.

The Battlegrip will store two DL1's (Aimpoint) and either a pair of AA batteries (nightvision)or the CR123A (Surefire/TACM lights) using supplied foam spacers. When installed the things didn't rattle inside. The kit also included the pistol grip screw and a long shaft hex driver to match.

The bottom of the grip closes water tight with a plug that is retained in place very well. I've tried a couple other of these - the squeeze in rubber plug that seems to catch on stuff - the Battlegrip is recessed inside so there are no edges hanging out. The other storage I've tried is the one with the door that swings out - that thing never closed tight enough for me to bet $20 worth of life saving batteries inside.

The Battlegrip get's two thumbs up from me. This a a very good solution to the battery storage requirement on M-4 and CAR type rifles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the compliments on our product.
We count on feedback (good or bad)from professionals such as yourselves to help us improve existing products and plan new ones.

The color formulated for our green BATTLEGRIP was intended to match Knights Armament RAS panels and vertical foregrips of which the U.S. Military uses a large amount. Armalite has chosen their own green, which does not match any military standard. You can see the reason for our decision.

Keep an eye on our website for the release of new products very soon. Thanks again-

Tangodown LLC

(www.tangodownllc.com)
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Jeff, when are you expecting the no-slip grip version to be available? I've been putting off getting a Battlegrip since I heard about the new version.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto.  I have one on my AR and like the battery compartment, but it is too small for my hand and a bit slick.  If a new one is coming out, I'll hold of on getting a grip-condom for it.
ML
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
We have two options.

For all those who have existing non-textured BATTLEGRIPs, we now have stick-on adhesive panels developed for amphibious operations in oily water (harbor entry, etc.)that are REALLY aggresive. They are waterproof and won't peel off in extreme heat,cold. They are molded from thermoplastic and won't damage your webgear, gloves etc. from 'sanding' like skateboard tape. This stuff is sticky! $5.00 (includes  instuctions & ship/hand) from our website.

Next, all future BATTLEGRIPs will feature a 'binary'texture very similar to H&K USP pistols. However, our texture projects out from the grip surface, instead of flush like the pistol for more security. The texture itself is created by a combination of electro-chemical etch and laser enhancement in the injection mold tooling for a 'sharp'and secure feel. There are no aftermarket grips (and very few factory ones)that feature this superior form of texture creation. It is perfect for proper weapon retention when performing one-handed functions, etc. The panel shape is generous and again, similar to the USP. The retail price remains the same. They are currently in production and will be available approx 2 weeks max.

Dealers can contact our exclusive master distributor Buffer Technologies @ 573.634.8529
or: [email protected]

Thanks again for your interest and support of our products.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11624[/img]

The grip does feel on the small side to me too so I might upgrade to something fatter (phatter).

[edited to remove serial number from picture! [rolleyes]]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top