Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2002 6:56:57 AM EDT
I continue to see news footage of various agents and or military folks wearing khaki multi-pocket vests that look like the ones reporters wear.

I know the Secret Service, CID, and occasionally the FBI guys wear these. Any ideas which ones they wear and where they get them?
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
So, do you think these guys are using their vests merely to conceal what they have on their belts, or are they actually carrying gear in the vest?  I've found that 2 M4 mags add enough weight to the pockets to drag the vest down, and make it "flop" around unnaturally.

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#2]
looks like they have crap in their pockets to me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
If their vests are like mine, then they probably don't have magazines in the pockets. The material is to "soft" and I'm sure that the weight of loaded magazines would rip right through them.

Now they could have had some reinforcement added, but I don't know. And they really don't need any concealment. Probably just a personal preference, or, a visual identity cue. The "unofficial uniform" of the team perhaps. Not many of the locals wear those vests. Just a thought...

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased two from www.uscav.com.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
So, those of you who wear vests, what all do you carry in them?

Andy
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 3:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]
it depends on where i am going and what i am doing and can be anything from a Motorola talkabout, cell phone, GPS, compass, blast match, pocket knife, ham sandwich,  bottle of water, 1911, flask of whiskey.  the idea is to be modular so nothing clanks together.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top