Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2021 6:57:48 PM EDT
Got an email from Eurooptic today about this. Seems like just the same as the previous gen but for the reticle? Lol seems like they killed what most people liked about the original. Simple illuminated red dot and crosshair/BDC reticle. Oh locking diopter ring on the new one too. This reticle seems very Burris aren't they sister companies or something?

https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-P4Xi-V2-1x-4x24mm-G1-Riflescope-5204.aspx
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got an email from Eurooptic today about this. Seems like just the same as the previous gen but for the reticle? Lol seems like they killed what most people liked about the original. Simple illuminated red dot and crosshair/BDC reticle. Oh locking diopter ring on the new one too. This reticle seems very Burris aren't they sister companies or something?

https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-P4Xi-V2-1x-4x24mm-G1-Riflescope-5204.aspx
View Quote

Arent both owned by Beretta?
Edit:

Seems like they are

So this is a new model and they went with a 1-4?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the P4Xi still relatively competitive at their price point anymore? The price hike seemed to cut down the interest on them from what I've seen over a few forums, and now this new one might not be adding much to help that situation.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Diamond reticles are the absolute worst reticle I’ve ever used. Being etched, they likely gave up daylight brightness for it too. It also looks like no off position between illumination levels. No throw lever. And a locking diopter sounds stupid.

Blah.

ETA: I bet they thought no one wanted the old model because it quit selling, not realizing it was actually their $200 price increase that killed their sales.

RIP P4xi.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ohhh, a 4x SFP scope with a green BS reticle for $800?

Hahahhaaa, nice try.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sub $500 is a great scope for the money. $800 is a no go and that new one will sit until they blow them out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not like that reticle compared to mine. I should have bought a second one when they were under $500. Great optic that has held up well in my ADM mount.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I love the original P4xi even at $600.  $800 with that reticle?  And green?  Hmmmm glad I have a couple of the the old one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the P4Xi still relatively competitive at their price point anymore? The price hike seemed to cut down the interest on them from what I've seen over a few forums, and now this new one might not be adding much to help that situation.
View Quote

At $500 it’s a great option. At $750-800, there are better options.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Responses are about as I expected. I had a P4xi bought in when you could find them for $425 on the EE. I do wonder if this might make optics vendors blow out the gen 1s? Good news for everyone then?
I do wonder if this new reticle is etched seeing as how a lot of the complaints regarding durability of the Gen1 was regarding the wire reticle coming loose.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Move in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Yikes, this is not it.  That reticle is terrible and as someone else mentioned, they probably gave up illumination for it.  $800 is also insane.  I understand that the days of it being $400 are gone, but it won't sell if it's over $600.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
That reticle sucks. Goodness.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Steiner has a turd a brewing.

That reticle is thicc and diamond-ie.

These will bring the price back to $ 400
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
F that reticle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought one.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Take a decent optic & screw it up… Thats the Leupold way of thinking??
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#17]
According to a thread on snipershide, the illumination is extremely bright. Burris was the only company that I know of able to make a nuclear bright etched reticle under 1k with the old XTR 1-5 so this optic could be a good option for people who prefer daylight bright horseshoe like reticles.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#18]
No thanks, I much prefer the reticle on my first gen P4xi.

Also, at the current prices it should be at least a 6x.

I got my P4xi as one of the DSG combos for less than $600 with an ADM Recon mount included.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Agreed with the comments. I love mine, and even at 600 bucks, it’s still a great scope. But this reticle, green, and price point was a miss. Also getting rid of “off” in between settings was dumb. It’s a little thing, but I like that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
According to a thread on snipershide, the illumination is extremely bright. Burris was the only company that I know of able to make a nuclear bright etched reticle under 1k with the old XTR 1-5 so this optic could be a good option for people who prefer daylight bright horseshoe like reticles.
View Quote

It’s still a diamond. I’ve used them in SWFA and Atibal optics and they suck hard. The SWFA for example was all the rage until they put the diamond in it. Now they’re never mentioned at all and that’s not coincidence.

Even nuclear bright, I don’t even want to look through an optic with a diamond reticle. Whoever signed off on this spends more time playing COD than shooting.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Personally I don't give a shit what shape is around the center.  What drew me in was the center dot and it's not a garbage ass BDC.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Some of the factory data is incorrect.
It's got MRAD dials (a plus).
It's only 10.3" long.
The big drawback is the SFP reticle.

Some sites incorrectly list the knobs as MOA and the length as 17.3"
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Take a decent optic & screw it up… Thats the Leupold way of thinking??
View Quote

The biggest of BigFacts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Is the original discontinued? It might be time to move on one if so. That new reticle looks like shit. They should have made it a horshoe dot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Windage mils on a 1-4 is totally unnecessary IMO and just clutters the field.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Personally I don't give a shit what shape is around the center.  What drew me in was the center dot and it's not a garbage ass BDC.
View Quote

Have you ever used a low MOA diamond? They’re great at 10 yards. At distance they obscure everything.

Everyone thinks differently of course, but diamonds are one where I just can’t believe anyone would like it, nor have I ever talked to anyone that did. I genuinely do hope you like it, but I think they were far better off with the dot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It’s still a diamond. I’ve used them in SWFA and Atibal optics and they suck hard. The SWFA for example was all the rage until they put the diamond in it. Now they’re never mentioned at all and that’s not coincidence.

Even nuclear bright, I don’t even want to look through an optic with a diamond reticle. Whoever signed off on this spends more time playing COD than shooting.
View Quote

I've never used a diamond reticle. Is it really that different from a horseshoe reticle? I still prefer a simple bright dot but I know alot of people like the ACSS/Accupower circle dot style over LED dots. Also, I;ve found the basic crosshair reticle in the P4Xi is already pretty thick compared to most other crosshair style reticles.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've never used a diamond reticle. Is it really that different from a horseshoe reticle? I still prefer a simple bright dot but I know alot of people like the ACSS/Accupower circle dot style over LED dots. Also, I;ve found the basic crosshair reticle in the P4Xi is already pretty thick compared to most other crosshair style reticles.
View Quote

My experience was pretty terrible with it. Is it quick to hit a silhouette at 25 yards, yep, even without daylight illumination. Even on the 8X Atibal at 100 yards I absolutely hated it. Looking out at 200 yards with the P4xi is going to magnify how bad the target is obscured. Half the magnification means doubling how obscured the target is at distance, and it was already a problem on 8X.

Most all BDC optics use subtensions for highly precise BDC starting at 300 yards. The diamonds use the bottom of the diamond, so you have this chunky ass bottom half to contend with ranges where you want it to be lightweight and precise. Trijicon uses a Chevron when they do this specifically not to obscure the target. Otherwise people use horseshoes, which are all lightweight in the BDC portion of the optic.

Granted the Steiner is open at the bottom, but you’re still wasting viewing space with almost no benefit with the diamond extending in close to the target. It makes transitioning close targets at LPVO distances a pain in the ass.

(Not my picture)
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Windage mils on a 1-4 is totally unnecessary IMO and just clutters the field.
View Quote
I think it's meant to draw the eye towards center like a duplex, but with additional, though rarely needed function.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow they fucked that reticle into the ground.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Glad I bought my P4Xi when I did.

They screwed the pooch on this one, big time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Got mine today, this thread is retarded.

The reticle is very similar to the rt6, but diamond shaped.  The diamond is not obtrusive.  There are off positions between every power setting.  The reticle is bright, but washes almost completely out when aimed at a cloudless sky in the middle of the day.

The image quality is nothing short of amazing.  Zero distortion, very sharp edge to edge, very natural contrast.

Is it better than the original?  I don't know.  I had at minimum four of the original and there was copy variation between them.  I'd say this is equal to the best copies of the original I had.

The only thing that's really fucking strange is that the drop stadia are heavier than the windage.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The reticle is very similar to the rt6, but diamond shaped.  The diamond is not obtrusive.  There are off positions between every power setting.  The reticle is bright, but washes almost completely out when aimed at a cloudless sky in the middle of the day.

The image quality is nothing short of amazing.  Zero distortion, very sharp edge to edge, very natural contrast.

Is it better than the original?  I don't know.  I had at minimum four of the original and there was copy variation between them.  I'd say this is equal to the best copies of the original I had.

The only thing that's really fucking strange is that the drop stadia are heavier than the windage.

View Quote

So they reduced the reticle brightness and cluttered it up, and everyone else is retarded for that. 10-4.

Glad it’s something YOU like though. That’s what matters.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Truth.

at the $800 price range there are far too many and better options for ths to make sense,  unless its got like reallly good glass in it, even still.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Put up some pics man educate us. Still daylight bright or did they fuck that up?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Put up some pics man educate us. Still daylight bright or did they fuck that up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't get pictures to show any of this lol

To me, it IS day light bright.  It's clearly illuminated when putting it on full sun foliage which is impressive being green.  However, since it's not one central dot it is NOT nuclear bright like the original.  The illumination is just like the new Credo line from trijicon.

Bottom line, if you like the original, don't change.
If you want FFP, get the credo.

I HATE BDC reticles but always loved the original, which is why I jumped on this.  We'll see what my opinion is after putting lead in front of it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd be willing to give it a try as long as the reticle is daylight bright. Should be. The reticle (as pictured) looks like ass, but from what I've seen over the years, what you see posted as an illustration on vendor's websites don't always jive with reality (S&B reticles comes to mind), so I'll wait for Ilya's assessment next week before I write it off.

Quoted:

View Quote

@SDMF_Rebel If you can, please post a through-objective pic of the reticle. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Thanks, reticule pictures are really hard, but you did one of the better ones without a real fancy ass set up.

IMO it is a reticule I would not buy, green is weak, and design is just not there. I personally don’t like horseshoe, diamond, bracketed reticules.

Day light bright is really where companies need to put their efforts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Damn, I kind of like that. Looks a lot like the RT6 as you note.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the pics man. I appreciate that, I'll agree with you the reticle actually ain't that bad at all. Would prefer red Illumination preferably but I'm not a buyer at $800 anyways.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pics man. I appreciate that, I'll agree with you the reticle actually ain't that bad at all. Would prefer red Illumination preferably but I'm not a buyer at $800 anyways.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

At $800 it's not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Original reticle masterace checking in here.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#44]

I am glad you like it.  It's still a no from me.  I still prefer the original reticle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top