Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2021 12:28:39 PM EDT
I have a vortex 3x mag on a lower 1/3 QD flip out mount. It won't reach the 1.93" height RDS. What mounts are out there that would make it work?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Scalar works  makes a 1.93 magnifier mount
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scalar works  makes a 1.93 magnifier mount
View Quote

Nice. I’m on 87 email notifications for the actual MRO LEAP mount so may as well sign up for some of those too
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol it’s more expensive than my magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're running the Vortex flip mount, you could try adding another riser and get longer screws... OR have you tried using it as is? It might still work.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're running the Vortex flip mount, you could try adding another riser and get longer screws... OR have you tried using it as is? It might still work.
View Quote

I don’t have the optic mount yet so I’m planning ahead. A riser may be the ticket
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don’t have the optic mount yet so I’m planning ahead. A riser may be the ticket
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lower 1/3 mounts can range from 1.5"-1.7x".  You can find universal risers that rails by .5" but this starts to push the height to 2.xx" vs 1.93". The nice thing is magnifiers don't need to be the exact height as the optic they're behind.

That said, I'd sell my existing mag mount and get the SW.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe Scalarworks makes the only 1.93" height magnifier mount.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
What optic?

Have you just considered a Larue riser?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What optic?

Have you just considered a Larue riser?
View Quote

MRO. No I haven’t. I’ll have to look into that
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
You could ditch the 1.93 and just put your current (1.5") stuff on a 0.5" Riser, or just get a 3 Slot 0.5" Riser for the Magnifer in its 1.5" config - 0.07" shouldn't  matter. Even Lower 1/3 stuff on a Riser is fine, my .300BLK is like this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both my optic and magnifier on the .5 inch riser from UTG. Works great, cheap, and secure on the rail.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top