Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2021 8:47:51 PM EDT
Meaning more likely to resist damage under severe use or keep running while damaged. Not purposely abusive, but just hard use.

Aimpoint PRO or H2? Not planning any over the beach stuff so it wouldn't be submersed for any length of time.

Please no "____ is the answer." I have those two on hand and money is tight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I own both and think they are equally tough optics.
I prefer the h2 due to its compact size though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own both and think they are equally tough optics.
I prefer the h2 due to its compact size though.
View Quote

The H2 will likely be a little more durable.  I have not torture tested either, but the T2 is a tank and a similar footprint to the H2
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
While I feel like they are equally as tough, the PRO evolved from the COMP M series of optics and we know how much abuse those optics have had since their inception.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I feel like they are equally as tough, the PRO evolved from the COMP M series of optics and we know how much abuse those optics have had since their inception.
View Quote

Agreed.

Also, consider the mount styles.

Pretty hard to separate a 30mm tube from a ring mount due to "shit happens".

I'm sure with enough side impact force that one could shear 4 tiny screws and separate MRDS from mount.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The PRO
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Pro.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the feel, the view you get through a PRO. 2 MOA you can quickly see but won’t cover your target. The PRO is as close as you can get for an RDS especially on a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
They’re both so durable that I wouldn’t worry about it. Pick whichever you want based on other features, both will likely take at least as much abuse as the rifle they’re mounted on.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top