[#2]
lol  need new turret
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm... Dont see that everyday.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh... right!

An employee was apparently not up for the job as an assembler!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the left handed model with left handed turrets
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Bullshit. OP has the scope on backwards and rotated 90 degrees.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not so much!

If rotated 90 degrees as you suggest the logo would be on the bottom.

The serial number is usually on the bottom flat... not the logo.

*Assuming it is an assembly error and not a Chinese counterfeit Leupold.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I honestly wished.  Just got the scope over Christmas.  NIB.  Never took caps off till today when I was zeroing a new rifle. I’m going to contact them and ask about the goof.  Wish they would send me the turrent with the U.   That’s if it’s simple to swap and not screw up scope. I have it mounted and do NOT want to remove and send it back.  It’s a set and forget scope anyhow . Vx 3i 1.5x5 x 20.   Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s the secret squirrel urban prone model.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s encrypted so it can’t be hacked by the chinee.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The weak logo makes me believe that is the case.
View Quote

It was my first thought but I’ve seen that logo before.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#14]
"R" stands for Raise.
EDIT: Beat by 1 post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#15]
You know what they meant!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
lol ?????
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Finish, logo, turret, "gold ring", magnification ring, all looks suspect. All VX3i's seem to have the gold medallion logo, not printed. My bet is counterfeit.

Picture of the box and bottom of scope?  SN on scope and box match? Leupold will give a definitive answer and if it is theirs they will fix or replace it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe it was meant for Germany.  A windage turret would be graduated in both directions
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#19]
If it tracks the reticle properly, zero it, replace the caps and leave it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#20]
What does the windage turret look like?...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What does the windage turret look like?...
View Quote

I have the same exact scope from two years ago. The older scope has the gold medallion on it. It also has the rubber gasket on the turrent to seal off moisture.  The new scope don’t   .  The windage turrent looks identical. The Finnish may look different because I ripe it down with a clp cloth. Gave it shine . I will contact leupold.  I don’t think I have the box anymore.  But the serial number area looks identical.  It’s clear and zeroed and held zero .  I have the vendor who sold it to me through Amazon. Thanks for the reply’s. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have the same exact scope from two years ago. The older scope has the gold medallion on it. It also has the rubber gasket on the turrent to seal off moisture.  The new scope don’t   .  The windage turrent looks identical. The Finnish may look different because I ripe it down with a clp cloth. Gave it shine . I will contact leupold.  I don’t think I have the box anymore.  But the serial number area looks identical.  It’s clear and zeroed and held zero .  I have the vendor who sold it to me through Amazon. Thanks for the reply’s. WarDawg
View Quote

Purchased through Amazon?  Oof...  my bet is it is a fake.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very possible.  When I was looking for this scope everybody was out of stock .  May take awhile but I will report back.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I found the box and got the serial number.  The box matches.  I got Leupolds number for authenticity.   Probably closed today.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I've learned not to purchase high-dollar items on Amazon, sadly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Purchased from Amazon or on Amazon?  My experience with anything sold by third party vendors hasn't been good, and I essentially stopped doing it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Called Leupold.  They said mines legit. Said in the spring they quit putting the gold medallion on my series.  Also the rubber washer mine don’t have is no longer on current production. Said washer wasn’t for water. It was for people not tighting the hell out of them . Metal on metal.  As for the turrent being wrong!!! He apologized and is sending out the correct one.  Said it’s easy to replace.  Told me how to do it.  It’s all a big relief.    Thanks for all the reply’s. Here’s the other vx 3i  1.5x5 x 20 I have.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I looked up who I got it from. The sales order just says SOLD by Amazon services. Doesn’t say it was a vendor who sold on Amazon. All’s good.  Thanks again. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#29]
For what it is worth, I quit buying expensive cameras, scopes, and binoculars on Amazon due to fakes.  Twice, third-party resellers with retail storefronts and a long history of positive Amazon sales were highjacked and all the proceeds were sent to a fraudulent account and they shipped out obvious fakes.  I reported both and got a gift certificate from Amazon alerting them to the problem and was thanked by one of the sellers alerting them to the theft of their Amazon account.

Also, please don't buy expired food products from a dumpster from Amazon third-party resellers.

And, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  A $3K set of binoculars for $900?  A Swarovski rifle scope for $800?  A full-frame Nikon DSLR for $1200 with an $1800 lens?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, a lot of stuff at Amazon has all the different vendor's items mixed into one bin.  You may buy from a reputable vendor but get a counterfeit that some bogus vendor gave them to stock.

Batteries are another thing you should never buy from them, possibly except for the Amazon branded ones, and there may be counterfeits of those out there as well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top