Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 5:15:07 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I have an ar15 and the sight are titled on the left probably during the assembly.

How can I fix it?

I can by an armorers kit to get the tools and I am competent mechanically.  This is my first ar15. I got a romeo5 red dot in the mean time but I like to fix the front sight too.

Tim
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum.

The holes would have to be redrilled to correct the front sight. There are companies that will do this for you, one of which is ADCO. The other option is to remove the barrel nut and see if there is any space around the indexing pin to rotate the barrel a little to the right in the upper receiver. The last option would be to just replace it with a low pro gas block and a free float rail system.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
John Thomas did one for me on a cheap gun show barrel.
The sight was easily 10 degrees to the left.

The barrel was a dedicated .22 that I thought I could fix myself

All good now, and reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi guys,

I have an ar15 and the sight are titled on the left probably during the assembly.

How can I fix it?

I can by an armorers kit to get the tools and I am competent mechanically.  This is my first ar15. I got a romeo5 red dot in the mean time but I like to fix the front sight too.

Tim
View Quote

How much?  Also, are the feed ramps of the barrel aligned with the feed ramps of the receiver?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d call ADCO or JT with Retro Arms.  If the fsb needs pinned I’d call a pro.

If you bought this recently I’d call the mfg and ask them to fix it since they did something wrong.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Shave front sight base, install rail over it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Degree of cant and reason are both factors.

Both can be corrected, cost/effort dependant on issue.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
how do i attach a picture in here?

I have the bore laser showing in between the the front center pin and the right ear of the sight at 50 yards. And the feed ramp is slightly misalignment in the wrong direction.  

Tim
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
What  Handguard Rail should i get if i cut the front sight?

From barrel center to top gas block metal is ~0.8 inch and the bottom part from middle of the  barrel to where i can cut it is 0.5 inch.

Also what price range you guys advice for me to spend on the handguard rail.

Tim
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Any American made rail that you like will work. I suggest you buy a model that will allow you to attach to the GI barrel nut so you don't have to disassemble the upper. Daniel Defense and others make good ones.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
And the feed ramp is slightly misalignment in the wrong direction.
View Quote

You likely just need to loosen the barrel nut and twist the barrel to proper index and retighten the barrel nut while holding the barrel or shim between the index pin and the notch in the upper so the barrel can't migrate back.  You may need to file one side of the notch wider in the upper, or file one side of the index pin, to clock the barrel properly.  Or just contact the maker of the barrel for warranty work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you get it from PSA? A friend of mine got an upper from PSA, the front sight assembly was canted. Told him he shouldn’t have gotten a base with irons, just use backup irons, should have talked to me first. He contacts PSA, they tell him to send it back and they’ll send him a new one. Cool.

New one has canted front sight assembly. And now they’re not responding to his email.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi guys,

thanks a lot. I ordered a Ultimate HWK M-Lok Bundle, Size: 15"

https://www.stngrusa.com/ultimate-hwk-m-lok-bundle/

at least i can get an extended flip sights too later.

Tim
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep the same but cannot judge. The gun works fine and at  these times its not that bad of a deal. Had planned to upgrade it later. Looks like the upgrade was forced anyway. For the money when i bought it was the cheapest i could find so 5 stars from me. Sorry for your friend. I was 10 yards from the post office to return it, but said to myself keep it and upgrade it for we don't know what it is happening nowadays with QC.

Tim
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top