Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2021 3:30:54 PM EDT
Are EOTech 512.A65 Halographic sights GTG?

I cannot find Aim Point in stock anywhere

TIA
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
yes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't do it.  Eotech has more failures than all the other RDS combined.  Just google their lamination issues.  The 512 is even worse.  

Stick with irons until you can get something dependable.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint ACO at Amazon
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#4]
LINK

If you're dead set....couple of new 512s in the EE currently.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 3 EOtechs and not a one has failed.
Edit: Also have two Aimpoint patrols, one failed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LINK

If you're dead set....couple of new 512s in the EE currently.
View Quote

Well, really makes me wonder.

1) the best equipment is sold out everywhere.

2) the next best ("to settle for") is available.

I want Aim Point. I'm gonna read up on Aim Point.
I think I want one for 10.3 and two for 14.5's to begin.

I'm new to optics. All I own are (3) Vortex (2-Strikefire II's and a Strike Eagle 1-8x24)
outside of old school stuff I inherited and don't know nutin about them.
I was thinking just get a few more Vortex in different varieties
since they seem to have a great warranty to get my feet wet and get
Aim Point when their available again.

One thing is for sure, irons ain't cuttin it with my eyes any more.

@Tigwelder1971
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Aimpoint ACO at Amazon
View Quote

Thanks Doc.

Aimpoint PRO or Aimpoint ACO??

@DoctorLove
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#8]
PRO > ACO

Battery life alone dictates that much. Better mount as well.

Not much more cash.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
PRO > ACO

Battery life alone dictates that much. Better mount as well.

Not much more cash.
View Quote

Aimpoint PRO Red Dot Reflex Sight with QRP2 Mount, Spacer - 2 MOA - with Large PRO Decal

Got it....$482 out the door.

Delivers 22-27.

Never thought to look on Amazon. And I do have prime as well.

@DoctorLove
@Tigwelder1971
Thanks for assist guys. I guess next I graduate to T2...

What do you guys think of Vortex? I need many optics?

Even if I seldom p/u the gun, they all need an
optic. Co-witness I like the idea of. I like quick release option.

So I suppose next buy I'm looking for those options as well.

Does T2 work with magnifier? I'm thinking of what one of
A4's needs.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks Doc.

Aimpoint PRO or Aimpoint ACO??

@DoctorLove
View Quote

I would go pro.  Hunt around and you will find one.  But you are going to pay full price.  

DSG has aimpoints in stock when I looked this morning.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Aimpoint PRO Red Dot Reflex Sight with QRP2 Mount, Spacer - 2 MOA - with Large PRO Decal

Got it....$482 out the door.

Delivers 22-27.

Never thought to look on Amazon. And I do have prime as well.

@DoctorLove
@Tigwelder1971
Thanks for assist guys. I guess next I graduate to T2...

What do you guys think of Vortex? I need many optics?

Even if I seldom p/u the gun, they all need an
optic. Co-witness I like the idea of. I like quick release option.

So I suppose next buy I'm looking for those options as well.

Does T2 work with magnifier? I'm thinking of what one of
A4's needs.

View Quote

They have gone up in price a lot, but still great optics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#12]
They are junk.

About 8 months ago I bought a brand new XPS 3-0 and it was broke right out of the box. Delaminated.

Contacted eotech. Got confirmation that I filled out the request for a RMA. Never actually got a follow up email with the RMA.

Never again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Every time literally every single time I think about going with an Eotech I come here and one of these threads pop up with bad experiences.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I at one time had 5 EOTechs only one has not been sent back to EOTech.

Buy an Aimpoint PRO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't want something I can't trust.
View Quote

This.

Had 3, dumped them all and bought AP. Zero regrets.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol no. They admitted in court that their whole design is flawed and they would have to re-design a new optic in order to fix it.
I used to be a huge eotech fanboy and owned four of them. I would also defend them from anyone who talked bad about them. But all four of mine ether lost the nitrogen purge or delaminated. Sitting in an air conditioned closet was too much for the optics I guess. Two I sent back to get fixed and then a year or two later did the same thing again. So I returned them in that buy back and bought acogs with the money. I really love the reticle. Too bad they suck. I had one 512, one xps2 and two exps3. All four shit the bed.
Don’t buy from this scam company. Wait for a deal on an aimpoint or MRO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#18]
There are a few things that EOTechs do better than Aimpoints. (I have half dozen Aimpoints and only 1 EO).

The EOTech's work better with my older eyes especially under a 3X mag. They work much better with NV. They also have less parallax issues.

But they do tend to kill batteries so if you are using it as a home defense, bump in the night rig, it will be dead when you need it. You will NOT remember to change batteries every few months.

If I was operating operationally and using it daily and changing batteries weekly, I would have no problem with an XPS3.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There are a few things that EOTechs do better than Aimpoints. (I have half dozen Aimpoints and only 1 EO).

The EOTech's work better with my older eyes especially under a 3X mag. They work much better with NV. They also have less parallax issues.

But they do tend to kill batteries so if you are using it as a home defense, bump in the night rig, it will be dead when you need it. You will NOT remember to change batteries every few months.

If I was operating operationally and using it daily and changing batteries weekly, I would have no problem with an XPS3.
View Quote

This man gets it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Buying used, Aimpoint over EOTech. The old EOTechs had a lot of issues (delamination, fading, lousy springs in the battery case, etc) and cannot be repaired. At best, you'll get a 50% off coupon from EOTech which will allow you to pay full MSRP after buying a lame used one.

New with the 10 year warranty? EOTech hands down. Love my Aimpoints but EOTech has them beat in every way. Hell... I'd contend even with respect to battery life. In the Texas sun, I need to use my optics at/near full brightness. Using the EOTechs 4hr automatic shutoff, I've never, over a decade of shooting regularly, had one come out of the safe/case that wouldn't finish the day. My Aimpoints come out of the bag dead every now and then, though, if they get packed without being turned off. Operator error, granted, usually from friends helping pack, but something that happens exclusively to my Aimpoints regardless. Their 50,000 hour estimate is for a brightness level I cannot see outside and plummets to what feels like a week or two at a full burn which goes fast when they're active in the safe. PRO and ACO are also going to need batteries you won't have for anything else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:14:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Every time literally every single time I think about going with an Eotech I come here and one of these threads pop up with bad experiences.

View Quote

Me right now. Building a 12” sbr right now and I keep wanting to give an Eotech another shot. Then I see threads like these that have so many negative reviews on the things.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:26:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Thermal drift, delamination, etc.  All of mine have eventually suffered from them.

Thankfully EoTech had the recall.  Love the reticle, L3 hasn't cracked the code for reliability yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Eotech warranty policy is a joke.. just like the battery life on their sights.

Lots of better options out there..Aimpoint, PA, Holosun, Sig, Vortex
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Tons of problems. On the internet.

My XPS2 on the other hand zero problems from one end of the east coast to the other in all seasons. I've had it so long I can't remember when I bought the thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#25]
My Exps-2 on a beater gun is still going strong after about a year... not exactly a torture test, but so far I’m happy
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Had good experiences with my XPS2, but sent it in for the buyback because I wanted to try a LPVO.  I have an Aimpoint H1 that is rock solid, but I definitely prefer the EOTech reticle.  If I needed another red dot sight, I'd definitely consider a new EOTech.  Just keep extra batteries on hand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Eoteh = garbage.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#28]
EOturd?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I’ve had a lot of Eotechs over the years.   All different models.   Still work great.   I use Aimpoint for duty because that’s what I’m issued.   Both work great.  If you’re trying to decide which red dot to get buy the Aimpoint PRO or ACO.   It’s a solid optic and won’t break the bank with batteries or for the unit itself.   Just keep watching the EE.  Plenty of Aimpoints sold on there.

I run Eotechs with the AA batteries.   I’ve had no issues with those yet.  

I think one of my favorites is the SIG Romeo 5.  I’ve run that thing in the ground and it’s never failed me.

But you’re asking about Eotechs.   You either love them or hate them.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I like eotechs but I’ve seen enough bad I just use the holosuns with the circle dot. I’m not an operator but I’ve not had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Skip the 51X series. Get the XPS/EXPS series.

Also, we do this thread every week.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#32]
If you like the Aimpoint look you can try Trijicon MRO lineup. I have a couple of them and they are really good.

I have this one EOTech for about 12 years now. I bought it along with my first AR then. It has held up fairly well all these years. I read a lot about various issues with EOTech but I haven't came across any. Same with all the top brands. Aimpoint, EOTech, Trijicon or anything like that are good to go.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top