Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2021 4:38:35 PM EDT
I want to buy a TA31 Red Chevron & TA44 Green and can't find them anywhere. Surely this wasn't panic buying, was it production related to China Virus? Anyone have a line on either of these?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use the time to learn more about options.  Acogs are quite old technology priced like something new.  There are some cheaper option that are very good, and with Acog budget there are other great (non-prism) options.  Look at dark lord of optics on youtube or his website.  Lots of great info if you have the desire to build up your understanding of these things.  Or just get something he recommends and skip the education.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They've been difficult to find for awhile now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They’re difficult to find and the used market is limited because people buy them and KEEP them.  You can judge optic’s by their used market saturation.

Great short-medium range optics. Love mine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would use the time to learn more about options.  Acogs are quite old technology priced like something new.  There are some cheaper option that are very good, and with Acog budget there are other great (non-prism) options.  Look at dark lord of optics on youtube or his website.  Lots of great info if you have the desire to build up your understanding of these things.  Or just get something he recommends and skip the education.
View Quote

hammers are a old tool too but still very useful.

ACOG's have alot going for them even though they are not the "scope du juor" of the trendy boys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They are still popular they’re not trendy but there are people that outfit multiple rifles with acogs. I wanted an aurora primaryarms acss acog but it was out of stock a few hours after getting the in stock email. Their glass is great, they’re light, and super durable. They’re not great for close in but they’re great general purpose optics.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, didn't really intend to debate the merits of ACOGs. I'm well aware of their advantages and shortcomings as I've owned them in the past. I'm moving completely away from red dots due to astigmatism and these two ACOGs are going on rifles currently sporting Aimpoints. I have other rifles with prism sights and LPVOs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm quite partial to what Primary Arms offers. On the higher end Browe/Steiner makes some nice prisms too

If astigmatism is an issue, a prism sight with adjustable diopter is good to have
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sourcing thread HERE
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Lmaooo best poll ever, IMO. Should be used on every post.  Lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lmaooo best poll ever, IMO. Should be used on every post.  Lol
View Quote

From Larue's website. I am assuming that they're in stock being that it allowed me to add them to my cart and go all the way to where I was about to enter in payment info?

I have ordered directly from them several times and never had a backorder issue. Things that aren't actually in stock say they aren't. I even ordered a G33 flip to side magnifier mount from them that wasnt in stock anywhere else due to "no longer in production" or similar messages, and it was shipped out promptly. So hopefully you'll have a similar experience.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Disregard.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From Larue's website. I am assuming that they're in stock being that it allowed me to add them to my cart and go all the way to where I was about to enter in payment info?

I have ordered directly from them several times and never had a backorder issue. Things that aren't actually in stock say they aren't. I even ordered a G33 flip to side magnifier mount from them that wasnt in stock anywhere else due to "no longer in production" or similar messages, and it was shipped out promptly. So hopefully you'll have a similar experience.

https://i.imgur.com/MWboOCu.png
View Quote
I've heard plenty of stories about ordering mounts from LR and then getting a backorder notice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've heard plenty of stories about ordering mounts from LR and then getting a backorder notice.
View Quote

I guess best thing to do is call and verify stock. At least maybe this is a glimmer of hope
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
There's currently one on the used EE for $600
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/NF-NXS-2-5-10x42-Mil-R-NF-BR-12-42x56-Trijicon-RM07-Type-2-TA31-RCO-M4/163-2089088/
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's currently one on the used EE for $600
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/NF-NXS-2-5-10x42-Mil-R-NF-BR-12-42x56-Trijicon-RM07-Type-2-TA31-RCO-M4/163-2089088/
View Quote

FYI, indicates gone.
Is this a great country or what?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They’re difficult to find and the used market is limited because people buy them and KEEP them.  You can judge optic’s by their used market saturation.

Great short-medium range optics. Love mine.
View Quote

Yeah you can judge a lot from the used market. I just got one but it's basically because of how simple they seem.

With what the other guys said I could of probably spent 4 or 500 more and gotten something really cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can always spot the Primary Arms customers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Sent you an IM, OP.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's a big time fan of things made in China, no thank you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No complaints with Primary Arms, I did also mention Browe and Steiner though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Instead of a TA-31, could check if Browe has any BCOs in stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Instead of a TA-31, could check if Browe has any BCOs in stock.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Browe looks interesting.  I think they are a legit alternative to acogs.  But are they even still in business?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

Browe looks interesting.  I think they are a legit alternative to acogs.  But are they even still in business?
View Quote

Last I bought from him was like 2018.  So I presume they are still around.  BCO is a superior alternative to a TA-31 IMO, just from the auto adjusting reticle brightness.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I would look into the TA11. When I bought mine I went to a shop that had all the models in stock. I looked through them all. I really didn't like the micros. The medium size was kinda ok, but the TA11 was OUTSTANDING. You cannot beat the field of view and the generous eye relief. The quality will knock your socks off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Even better than a TA-11 is the TA-110.  LED makes all the difference.  Dial the exact illumination you need and no tritium to replace.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Eurooptic has some great prices and availability; the 4x32 for example:   https://www.eurooptic.com/trijicon-acog-4x32.aspx  950 bucks and free shipping.  Solid prices.

Acog's are hard to beat, especially with a piggyback or offset dot.  Better FOV on 4x and a crystal clear 4x, intense reliability, true red dot 1x, weighs liess than a LPVO, and batteries are hardly a concern - if at all.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Eurooptic now has the used, government buyback TA50s for $646.99.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I've got a TA31RCO I need to post up in the EE
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#30]
B&H Photo just got some in and I was able to snag a TA31. Now the hunt continues for a TA44.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Cant seem to find a ta11 or 110 with red chevron. Op glad you scored one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top