User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/31/2019 5:37:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
1-10x with daylight bright bright illumination FFP for under $600? Who makes the glass?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have any dealers already?  Can I preorder?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome back.  Just within the last week or so, I was wondering whatever became of GRSC.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You can put me down for one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back!  Edit to add: It’s a lot lighter in weight than I thought it would be. Good job.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Moa

Reeeeeeeeee

I'll buy one for a hunting gun
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
$575 for a FFP 1-10x?

Where are these manufactured?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Any plans for other reticle options? That horseshoe is mighty thick for my preference/use.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, blast from the past. This scope has promise.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any plans for other reticle options? That horseshoe is mighty thick for my preference/use.
View Quote
This is the best reticle ever made. The horseshoe only comes into play at CQB distances, which you want. At higher mag range, you are using the smaller center dot or hold offs.  Get behind one and you’ll understand.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
@GRSC Where are these made?  Curious about glass quality.  For the price point i am assuming China, but they have been able to produce some impressive stuff lately like the Athlon Ares ETR and PA 3-18 so not a bad thing if comparable quality to those
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Appears to be from same OEM as the Atibal 1-10.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is the best reticle ever made. The horseshoe only comes into play at CQB distances, which you want. At higher mag range, you are using the smaller center dot or hold offs.  Get behind one and you’ll understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope, I’ve owned multiple horseshoe reticles and could not stand how cluttered they were. Just not my preference but I see the appeal to them. Reticle selection is very subjective. But, it’s nice to see companies bringing out more 1-10x scopes, which I believe has the potential to be the perfect all around scope.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nope, I’ve owned multiple horseshoe reticles and could not stand how cluttered they were. Just not my preference but I see the appeal to them. Reticle selection is very subjective. But, it’s nice to see companies bringing out more 1-10x scopes, which I believe has the potential to be the perfect all around scope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I concur. I had one of the original 1-4 with this reticle. I prefer a simple cross hair with mil or bdc. Much faster at 1x
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I concur. I had one of the original 1-4 with this reticle. I prefer a simple cross hair with mil or bdc. Much faster at 1x
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had one of the GRSC 1-6 scopes. Reticale was very hard to use for fast use. The glass on a Strike Eagle was a lot better than the GRSC glass. I like a simple small dot with the rest of the reticle is black. A simple red dot will easily get me out to 300 yds.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Eyebox.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting, I'd definitely like to look through one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:00:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#26]
one reply says...
"These scopes are made in China using Chinese HD glass. I think you will be impressed with the quality of the glass and the scope."

Thanks

Ed Verdugo

Another says...
"Please let me clarify that the Horseshoe reticle in the scope I developed and the Horseshoe reticle in the Sig scope are similar but I don't think the Sig scope uses the "RULE Of Ten" in their reticle. Our scope is made and assembled in Japan."

Im confused
Edit... So, the 1-6 is made in Japan...
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I like the theory and development story, provided the execution matches up I will defiantly buy one of these... Looking forward to signing up for a pre-order.

What will your warranty on the 1.1 -10 FSO be?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Love seeing more choices on the market.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You can put me down for one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#31]
holy shit. blast from the past.

welcome back.

love my 1-6, cant wait to get my hands on one of these. i was actually just shopping around for a 1-8 or 1-10 a few weeks ago. if its half as good at taking abuse as my 1-6 its a steal at the price. my only one teenie tiny complaint is that i wish it was mil/mil and had a chevron. for whatever reason i shoot better with it. maybe its just a preference or a habit.

i will for sure be buying one of these.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#32]
What a nice surprise! Was wondering when this would happen. Looking forward to looking at the details soon. What kind of warranty will this have and what scopes would you compare the glass too, is it the exact same glass Atibal is using in their X? The price is quite amazing!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Definitely have my interest.... @GRSC would you be willing to send one to @LRRPF52 to T&E (if you haven't already).

I know he seems to be a fan of your 1-4x or 1-6x (can't remember which, maybe both) and he has a respected opinion on this forum.

I for one would be very interested in his review in order to make a purchase decision for myself and others.

Thanks,
Chase
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Over the years, I've gone back and forth on ballistic cam turrets, crosshair Mil-Dot reticles, stadia reticles, and mil hash reticles with matching turrets.

For precision rifle matches where you are shooting 2 MOA targets or less, you're using high magnification, large scopes with the ability to dial pretty much as a rule.

For lightweight carbines that are ubiquitous and fast on man-sized and partial sin targets, I really like a stadia reticle like the one in the GRSC.

I wish we could have had something like this on M16s and M4s when I was in the Army, as it would have provided a critical Designated Marksmen capability with far reduced training demands for range estimation and holds.  The trajectory is laid out before you in this reticle, with an intuitive way to determine range.

It is a very practical reticle.

I put a 1-4x24 on my 12" Grendel.

No BS, I literally take that pistol out of the bag, insert a 25rd magazine, place the 800yd stadia line on a 2'x3' steel buffalo, and start sending rounds onto it.

Over the past few range sessions this year when I've gone down there, I have done that.  My first shot might be off the right edge from wind, but then I use that as my new aiming point and let the rest fly onto the target.

Keep in mind that I'm using the magazine as a monopod.  Very fun.

Last time I was down with my family letting the little kids shoot for the first time.

I told them to listen and broke shot-after-shot on that target, with the repeated satisfaction of hearing the ding each time.

The 1.1-10x will allow me to get better resolution on the target compared to 1-4x or 1-6x.

1-6x24 Japanese LOW/GRSC/Norden Performance Scope on my 18" LaRue:

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump. Everyone needs to go checkout arfcoms YouTube with Ed explaining the reticle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw Atibal’s ad today and thought the same thing.  Only they want $799.00 for it.

ETA: I’m really digging this scope.  At Ed’s price point this is a strong contender for my next glass.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I saw Atibal’s ad today and thought the same thing.  Only they want $799.00 for it.

ETA: I’m really digging this scope.  At Ed’s price point this is a strong contender for my next glass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$650. They'll give you $150 off for pre-order.

Current scopes with these features are over $2,000 and 1.5x on the low  end.  Somebody in China has either figured out something pretty special to drop the price by 75% or they're cutting serious corners. I'm going to have to remain skeptical until these hit the streets.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:51:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
cttb:
 It is really a shame that I have not been able to convince any of the top end American or European companies to work with me on this project. They watch what I develop and then come out with their version of my concepts and designs. I presented the concept and prototype of the Full
Spectrum Combat Optic (FSCO) to the US Army at Ft Benning Ga. in Sept. 2005 and the Marines at Camp Pendleton in Feb. 2006. This type of optic should have been in our war fighters hands many years ago.

Truth is-- I am skeptical too. Anybody can produce a couple of handmade prototype ringers. The proof will be in the production scopes. I have stressed over and over to the Chinese to make me a solid scope or GAME OVER.  Talk is cheap, I put a lot of time effort and money into this project, we will know very soon if it was worth it. I don't think they are cutting corners. I can only hope I and we get our moneys worth. I've taken a lot of risks in my life--Just One More.

I have to give the Chinese credit--they were willing to give it try. One more thing on the Chinese, I am sure none of us here on ARFCOM like communism, in fact I think we have more Demoncrats in DC that like communism than Chinese in China that like communism.

NOW HERE IS THE KICKER---I THINK THE BEST WAY TO END COMMUNISM IN CHINA IS TO TURN THEM INTO CAPITALISTS. They are gettin a taste of free market capitalism and they LIKE it.

Thanks

Ed Verdugo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$650. They'll give you $150 off for pre-order.

Current scopes with these features are over $2,000 and 1.5x on the low  end.  Somebody in China has either figured out something pretty special to drop the price by 75% or they're cutting serious corners. I'm going to have to remain skeptical until these hit the streets.
cttb:
 It is really a shame that I have not been able to convince any of the top end American or European companies to work with me on this project. They watch what I develop and then come out with their version of my concepts and designs. I presented the concept and prototype of the Full
Spectrum Combat Optic (FSCO) to the US Army at Ft Benning Ga. in Sept. 2005 and the Marines at Camp Pendleton in Feb. 2006. This type of optic should have been in our war fighters hands many years ago.

Truth is-- I am skeptical too. Anybody can produce a couple of handmade prototype ringers. The proof will be in the production scopes. I have stressed over and over to the Chinese to make me a solid scope or GAME OVER.  Talk is cheap, I put a lot of time effort and money into this project, we will know very soon if it was worth it. I don't think they are cutting corners. I can only hope I and we get our moneys worth. I've taken a lot of risks in my life--Just One More.

I have to give the Chinese credit--they were willing to give it try. One more thing on the Chinese, I am sure none of us here on ARFCOM like communism, in fact I think we have more Demoncrats in DC that like communism than Chinese in China that like communism.

NOW HERE IS THE KICKER---I THINK THE BEST WAY TO END COMMUNISM IN CHINA IS TO TURN THEM INTO CAPITALISTS. They are gettin a taste of free market capitalism and they LIKE it.

Thanks

Ed Verdugo
Thanks for the reply. There was a time when we considered Japanese stuff junk. Now, it's the equal of American. There's no reason to think Chinese can't improve.

I do think a 1ish to 10x with an objective over 24mm makes more sense than a 1-8 with a 24mm, maybe even a 1-6. Once you make the weight jump beyond most 1-4s, you might as well try to get some serious magnification with a decent exit pupil.

These will be interesting to see. Bringing this feature set in at well under $1,000 at 21 ounces with good glass, turrets, and durability will upend the market.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Eyebox;
 The eye box at 1x is very good. Of course at 10x it tightens up but none of the testers have complained about the eye box over all.
In fact everyone tends to  agree that over all it is very good.

No need to take my word for this. I will be getting several of these scope to independent testers as soon a the first batch comes in.
We will se what they say.
 Thanks

Ed Verdugo
View Quote
What is the exit pupil measurement at 1X and 10X?
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eyebox;
 The eye box at 1x is very good. Of course at 10x it tightens up but none of the testers have complained about the eye box over all.
In fact everyone tends to  agree that over all it is very good.

No need to take my word for this. I will be getting several of these scope to independent testers as soon a the first batch comes in.
We will se what they say.
 Thanks

Ed Verdugo
27.27 mm at 1.1x and 3mm at 10x. Exit pupil is objective lens diameter (30mm in this case) divided by magnification power. Eye boxes usually start to get tight around 5mm exit pupil and smaller. Maximum light transmission for most folks will start to diminish around 6mm and smaller. 20mm and 24mm objective lenses put some real limitations on 6x-8x LPVOs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm intrigued.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Ed,

First, this thing looks perfect.  If I had a magic wand only thing I’d change is an integrated mount or an option for one.

Second, Id buy a few in a heart beat but if its made in China I can’t buy it.  We’re in an economic war and the proxy war is when, not if.  You’re probably working with good people but their government fucking sucks.

I’ve followed your efforts for a while and am very excited for you!  Hope it goes well

Edit: I'll probably fold and buy one, my interest in supporting small business AR15commer outweighs a chinese product.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Edit: I'll probably fold and buy one, my interest in supporting small business AR15commer outweighs a chinese product.
View Quote
That’s a good way of looking at this!

I know about the work Ed has put into this and I fell I love with the reticle years ago but the lower FOV and no lifetime warranty option on the 1-6x kept me looking. I ended up with a lightweight Leupold VX-6 with the CMR2 reticle but now seeing Ed’s 1-10x scope I am considering a switch.

I ordered a 1-10x from the same manufacturer to pair with my .224 Valkyrie upper. A BDC reticle won’t fit the ballistics of the .224 so I feel the mil reticle is better for me in that application. The good news is the scope arrived yesterday after handling it I think there may be a lightly used VX-6 in the exchange soon. Quality looks great and looking forward to side by side comparison.

Also, for anyone else considering the GCRS, LaRue had a really smoking deal on their new mount with 35mm option. About $100 less then the current model.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#48]
@GRSC

Just out of curiosity, do you think the market would support two different "tiers" (I hate using that word) of the same scope?  One made in China at $xxx, and another made in Japan at a higher price?  I'm not saying I won't buy one made in China, but I am saying that I would pay more for one that was made in Japan.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Nice price point, your earlier product got me interested in getting a 1 x 4 but at the time it was to pricey for me.  Now I can afford this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 2:24:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That’s a good way of looking at this!

I know about the work Ed has put into this and I fell I love with the reticle years ago but the lower FOV and no lifetime warranty option on the 1-6x kept me looking. I ended up with a lightweight Leupold VX-6 with the CMR2 reticle but now seeing Ed’s 1-10x scope I am considering a switch.

I ordered a 1-10x from the same manufacturer to pair with my .224 Valkyrie upper. A BDC reticle won’t fit the ballistics of the .224 so I feel the mil reticle is better for me in that application. The good news is the scope arrived yesterday after handling it I think there may be a lightly used VX-6 in the exchange soon. Quality looks great and looking forward to side by side comparison.

Also, for anyone else considering the GCRS, LaRue had a really smoking deal on their new mount with 35mm option. About $100 less then the current model.
View Quote
Did you get the GRSC or the ATIBAL?

I take it you like it quite a bit so far?

Enough to sell off your Leupy?

Please give us an update when you have checked it out more.

Thanks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top