Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 10:28:23 AM EDT
I am putting together a MK12ish build and was considering using ARMS 22H rings.  I know, F Dick Swan, but he’s gone now.

The scope that they will be used on is a Vortex PST, Gen 1, 2.5-10x32.

The price is right and I like that they are light weight and still QD.  The Gen 2 look pretty good.  What’s the general consensus on these rings?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Those levers will tend to break.  The rings may start to slip on the rail.  There will be no warranty recourse, ARMS will give no fucks.

I suggest a Larue or Geissele mount.

I still have an ARMS swan sleeve riser with Badgers on it, up on my parts shelf.  

Larue traded me out for all of my shitty ARMS stuff back during the pre-shot show marketing stunt.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am putting together a MK12ish build and was considering using ARMS 22H rings.  I know, F Dick Swan, but he’s gone now.

The scope that they will be used on is a Vortex PST, Gen 1, 2.5-10x32.

The price is right and I like that they are light weight and still QD.  The Gen 2 look pretty good.  What’s the general consensus on these rings?
View Quote
If you are after MK12*-ISH*, then go with something else. If you are after a true clone depending on variant, ARMS22H are a good choice as long as you get one that works. Depends on how clone you want to go. Larue or Nightforce rings are also generally acceptable for Mod 1 & Mod H (there is a full thread dedicated to the MK12 SPR). ARMS stuff can be good but its a lot of hit and miss. IF you need QD, Larue/ADM/Midwest IMO is the way to go. If not, Geissele (Night force unimount is good too). On the cheap, Warne or Aero Precision.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Although it's not clone perfect I have had great results using the ARMS #35 throw lever rail with the track mount rings as compared to shifting POI with the #22 rings.
The same setup as shown on the 6.8mm Mod0.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful builds above.

Not sure if there is a point in putting up with ARMS rings if you are not going full clone. They do loosen, although it often takes a long time, and are not particularly even. Odds are they will leave nasty ring marks on your scope unless you lap them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top