Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2018 10:23:06 AM EDT
Rarely see these for sale in the EE and never had the oppty to use/hold one. Any direct experience feedback regarding optical quality, illum brightness, reticles especially the MOA dot reticle, and 3gun use appreciated.

Thanks,
x
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The Accupoint 1-N’s really shine in their triangle reticle and not their dots IMHO, and are best used as a red dot that zooms. I loved my TR-24, and now love my two TR-25’s. Cover the target with the triangle up close, tip of triangle at distance. They’re great for dead-hold point shooting, and I consider them the best 0-200m (about the range you can read hold without starting to hold over) LPVO out there, especially if you need more mag within those ranges. For example, it’s about the perfect hunting scope for me, where all my shots are 0-200m, and I need lots of clarity, and a bit more available mag than usual.

Optical quality is great, and it has a very thin scope ring around your image when shouldered, giving you that clean ‘floating reticle’ image which I really like. The triangle is very bright, and I’ve never wanted it to be brighter, which is really pretty rare with LPVOs. Other LPVOs like the Razor see more competitive use, but almost all that I’ve seen using the TR-24/25 were using the triangle. The dots are tiny, hard to see, and do not grab your attention much. They’re likely more useful past 200-300, but then again, a lot of scopes are more than either useful past 200-300.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent optics all around. Can't really go wrong with one. Their ilumination system works great.

Your intended use 3 gun? I really like the Triangle post, German #4 and the circle dot
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I can hit 10” plates out to 300-350 all day long. I think the Tr24 is the best all around Optic for a AR. Tied with a TA-11.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can hit 10” plates out to 300-350 all day long. I think the Tr24 is the best all around Optic for a AR. Tied with a TA-11.
View Quote
Yep!  TR24 with red 'Washington Monument' reticle is the ticket when zero'ed at 250 yds.  Good all the way out to 300 without any holdover for 3000-3100 fps 55 gr. Blitzkings.  D@mn fast reticle at close range when the fiberoptic window is opened.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback...im now on the hunt for one
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback...im now on the hunt for one
View Quote
@xdr

Keep an eye on the EE here if you haven't been. Deals to had of you don't mind used
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
a buddy has a 1-6 and the 1x setting is near perfect for no magification/RDS type shooting with minimal distortion.

i have a tr24 with german #4 and like it.

had a triangle model once and didnt like it as much but might try one again. learned alot since that time.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top