Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 11:09:27 PM EDT
I bought a LaRue ultimate upper kit. 5.56 16 inch predatar barrel. Ordered the lower as well.

I’m looking for a 1-8 optic. I’m stuck between the night force NX8 and the ATACR. 30 vs 34 mm, reticle choice, and $1000 are the biggest differences. What’s your guys take?

Also which mount? NF, LaRue, or badger?

I’ve used the mil issue ACOG and liked it, but am looking for a little more for this build.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as LPVOs go, I have three, the NX8, Accupower 1-4 and Accupower 1-8...they are all great, each has its merits.

Now when I was buying the NX8, had the ATACR side my side and yes it is a great optic, but I could not justify the additional $1000...I got the NX8 for $1700 and the ATACR was $2700.

The NX8 is a great optic, don't get me wrong.  Its currently on a Knights Armament SR15 Mod 2 and is perfect for this rifle.   I really like the combo.  The NX8 is on the heavy side and the Mod 2 is lighter weight than typical, so the combo is perfect.

The Accupower 1-8 is on a Larue 556 OBR, don't count this optic out

Are you in south MS?

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top