Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2018 10:48:19 PM EDT
I am in the market for a LPVO, and am torn between two specific choices. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Athlon Cronus BTR 1-6x24 LPVO and if it's just as good as their 4.5-29x56. I currently own a Cronus BTR 4.5-29 and I must say the glass is superb, very comparable to my good friend's Razor Gen II and I paid less than what he did for his Razor. I am considering Athlon's Cronus but in the 1-6 since I can get it for a bit cheaper than the 1-6 Razor Gen II (100ish less). I am not looking to start a brand-war, as I own products from both companies. Just seeing what the community has to say regarding both, and possibly some alternatives around the same price range. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the Razor, as I have the VMR-2 reticle on multiple rifles. They support competitive shooting, and are just a great company to work with.

But I don't think you would be going wrong with the athalon either.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't looked through one, so it is hard to say.

For only $100 difference I would probably go Razor but I already have one and it is a great optic so I am biased.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I am leaning towards the Razor as well just because I know they are bombproof. Are there any other alternatives out there or is the Razor pretty much just the "go-to" LPVO?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Cronus 1-6.  I would get the Razor.

Biggest issue is that the illumination is not very bright.  Which I think is critical for a LPVO.  I am not a fan of FFP on LPVO (but I do like them on higher powered scopes.

its lighter, but has a very solid build.  Positive clicks.  LOW glass, just like the Razor.  Reticle is what it is.  Maybe you like it, maybe you dont.

I got one for 600 new, so I had to try it.  Its on a 6.5G I use for hunting.  Not a self-defense optic in my opinion.

I think its a great brand and well built.  I wouldn't hesitate to get one of their bigger scopes.

Needs brighter illum.  NOt only not daylight bright, its not daylight visible.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Cronus 1-6.  I would get the Razor.

Biggest issue is that the illumination is not very bright.  Which I think is critical for a LPVO.  I am not a fan of FFP on LPVO (but I do like them on higher powered scopes.

its lighter, but has a very solid build.  Positive clicks.  LOW glass, just like the Razor.  Reticle is what it is.  Maybe you like it, maybe you dont.

I got one for 600 new, so I had to try it.  Its on a 6.5G I use for hunting.  Not a self-defense optic in my opinion.

I think its a great brand and well built.  I wouldn't hesitate to get one of their bigger scopes.

Needs brighter illum.  NOt only not daylight bright, its not daylight visible.
View Quote
Is yours a BTR? I notice the Cronus BTR's are second-focal plane, so I am guessing that they changed that. I'm looking at the Razors and the price ~950ish dollars brand new is not bad at all.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top