Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2018 4:01:39 AM EDT
I don't have one yet, but what mount are you guys using for the Raptor? Currently I have an Aero Precision Extended and I was wondering if I need to bump up to something longer since the Raptor has more eye relief than the regular PA 1-6x. I might get another another Geissele, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Aero and like it, but prefer American Defense these days.  It comes with a little more cost, but i like the qd and overall more solid feeling of the AD.  If you wait till black friday could probably find one in the low 100s instead of 150ish
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an Aero and like it, but prefer American Defense these days.  It comes with a little more cost, but i like the qd and overall more solid feeling of the AD.  If you wait till black friday could probably find one in the low 100s instead of 150ish
View Quote
Are you using a Raptor and the Aero? Which one? The extended or SPR mount?

I'm leaning towards the SPR length, because that's the length I ran on the 1-4x Viper PST, and the eye relief on that is 4".

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I was running the Gen 2 1-6 SFP in an Aero SPR (2" offset) but put the Raptor in an ADM Recon (1.93" offset). I would prefer a little more forward offset and wish I had the Recon-X with a 3" offset. What I'd REALLY like is a Recon-H-X which doesn't exist but the -H has a 1.93 scope height rather than the 1.47 of the Recon/-X.

I went to the ADM over the Aero because it's not that much heavier unless you're going for a true ultralight build, it has QD functionality, the flat spot allows using the Arisaka scope leveler, and the scope doesn't rotate when you tighten the rings.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't have one yet, but what mount are you guys using for the Raptor? Currently I have an Aero Precision Extended and I was wondering if I need to bump up to something longer since the Raptor has more eye relief than the regular PA 1-6x. I might get another another Geissele, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
View Quote
I have a AD QD mount. I am still up in the air about it. The mount is a great mount and I would recommend it without reservation. that said, I shoot my ARs with a nose on charging handle and set things up accordingly. With that mount and mounted on the upper receiver, I can't shoot that way, I have to hit nose to charging handle and back off a bit. Some time lag. I can mount it with the forward cross bolt on the handguard and the rear cross bolt on the upper receiver and that works OK. I am less that comfortable with it. I have gone back and forth a couple times.

edit, BTW the mount I have is American Defense AD-RECON STD Riflescope Optic Mount (Black, 30 mm). I am thinking of changing it to a recon-x. I actually have one in a shopping cart.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just gave my answer in this thread.

TLDR: ADM 1.93" super tall

You need as much forward offset as you can get. Here I am shooting mine, look where the scope is positioned and my nose is nowhere near the charging handle. It really is a full 4" of eye relief.
View Quote
Mike, maybe you guys can collaborate with ADM to make that Recon-H-X I'm dreaming of. 1.93" height, 3" offset, oversized latches. I'll be your beta tester! Hell, I'll be your first pre-order at full price if you made it happen
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for your help everyone. It looks like I'm going to need an SPR length optic mount.

PA_Mike I don't judge, because I too, enjoy good barbecue.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump for any updates/deals on mount for Raptor 300BO version.  It's going on a 300BO pistol with SBA3 brace.

thanks in advance!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top