Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:24:31 PM EDT
My 6720 is losing it's MRO and I wanna go with a fixed rear sight. Has anybody tried these before and if so what did you think?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one years ago, it was nicely made.  I didn't know they were still around.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had good experiences with CNC Gunsmithing in the past.

No info on their carry handles.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]
They're great.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one a little over a year ago.  It is well made, and I like it overall.  The only thing I don't care for are the attachment knobs.  There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but they do seem/feel sort of cheap.

I used an A2 aperture when I installed the sight assembly, as the A1 version doesn't get along with my crappy eyes.  The A2 is wider, so you lose some windage adjustment, but that shouldn't be an issue unless the rifle is really wonky.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one a little over a year ago.  It is well made, and I like it overall.  The only thing I don't care for are the attachment knobs.  There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but they do seem/feel sort of cheap.

I used an A2 aperture when I installed the sight assembly, as the A1 version doesn't get along with my crappy eyes.  The A2 is wider, so you lose some windage adjustment, but that shouldn't be an issue unless the rifle is really wonky.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Guns-Stuff/Rifles/Spikes-Tactical/i-LFmd6sh/1/2e7f1fa6/M/IMG_6100-M.jpg
View Quote
The detachable A1 carry handle is outstanding.  Can the attachment knobs be changed?  I have a lightweight, k.i.s.s. build, in mind, to favor the ladies in my family.  The A1 handle with A2 aperture is exactly what I’m thinking about.  A stripped A1 handle lends itself to be Cerakoted.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]
TTAAPP
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#7]
TTTAAAPPP
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]
What’s up with this?  I submit my reply and I receive an ERROR message that reads - Wait 10 seconds to submit.

I tried to return to the thread and Popped Up - Leave the Page?  Cancel/Submit

Sorry for the multiple entries.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can the attachment knobs be changed?
View Quote
I'm mostly certain that they could.  It would just be a matter of matching the threads on the the posts.  I seem to remember reading a something on this site about someone who had made his own by turning down the knobs from a standard carry handle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm mostly certain that they could.  It would just be a matter of matching the threads on the the posts.  I seem to remember reading a something on this site about someone who had made his own by turning down the knobs from a standard carry handle.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the posts are standard off a mil-spec carry handle and the steel knobs would fit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the posts are standard off a mil-spec carry handle and the steel knobs would fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. I switched out the originals for standard knobs. The originals are kind of flimsy.  I got mine from SAW.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top