Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 11:49:48 AM EDT
I got the Holosun riser for my 510C so that I can have 1/3 cowitness. Im looking for torque values for the screws to mount it and I cant seem to find them on any Holosun sites or literature.

Does anyone know or have experience on them? Also, did you dab a little blue Loctite when you did them?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have torque values.

Heres what I do for just about everything:
I used blue loctite.
I tightened the screws using the L key long ways until they were snug.
Afterwords I gave them a quarter turn with the other end of the L. Don't hamfist it at this point.

I only hold the L key with 3 fingers and try to put the least amount of force into it as possible. I do have a screwdriver set with various allen/torx heads, but it's too easy to over torque with something like that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top