Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2018 12:05:23 AM EDT
Hello I am going to be picking up a Springfield Armory Saint Pistol. I am wondering what
optics everyone uses and why. I will have about $400.00 to spend on one so in that range. I
like the Vortex line of red dots but willing to listen to people that have other brands and how they like them.
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Ever so slightly relevant:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/What-red-dot-sight-are-you-using-on-your-AR-Pistols-/122-731428/

Quoted:
Vortex Spitfire 1x (NON AR) in an ADM QD mount.

Will probably switch to PA Cyclops if I need more/new ones.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Very much relevant thank you very much!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Burris Fast Fire 3 on mine. Absolute co-witness.
It works fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 1:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Micro red dot is what I use on my 8.5” and 10.5”

Currently Sig Romeo 5 on both guns.

However for $400 you could just about get an aimpoint pro, if you want to go that route.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Vortex sparc Ar.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Micro red dot is what I use on my 8.5” and 10.5”

Currently Sig Romeo 5 on both guns.

However for $400 you could just about get an aimpoint pro, if you want to go that route.
View Quote
If he goes on the EE, he can get at least a PRO with that budget.

MRO / Eotech

UH1 Huey

DPP if you want to go that route.

Another Eotech

Another MRO

PRO

If OP wants new, it'd drop an ACO right in his price range, but for the cost difference I'd probably just save up a little bit and go with the PRO for 30k vs 10k battery life.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hello I am going to be picking up a Springfield Armory Saint Pistol. I am wondering what
optics everyone uses and why. I will have about $400.00 to spend on one so in that range. I
like the Vortex line of red dots but willing to listen to people that have other brands and how they like them.
Thanks in advance!
View Quote
Wait for a sale and get a Trijicon MRO or aimpoint pro. You can find either used in that ball park. The vortex stuff is okay but I rather have Trijicon or aimpoint. I have buddies that have the vortex stuff and for the price point it’s decent but their strikefire is a cheap aimpoint knock off. It has to be on full brightness or else it isn’t that visible.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]
A PA red dot or optic...done. Especially lifetime warranty items.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
You might want to consider the Leupold Deltapoint Pro.  Price has come down.  Duty grade mini reflex.  Motion-activated. I run one on my HD carbine at absolute cowitness height.  Always ready when I pick up the rifle, left on 24/7.  Much like a Burris FF3, but ruggedized with steel shroud, much larger lens, virtually tintless, and can be left on constantly.

Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks in advance!
View Quote
If you ever plan to add a magnifier get holographic sight, like Vortex UH-1.

If you will not be using a magnifier, than a more traditional red dot is a good option.  My current favourite is Shield SIS, although if you just want a simple dot, CQS saves you some money.

ILya
www.darklordofoptics.com
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Go aimpoint pro if you want something that will last several lifetimes.

Get the primary arms microdot (the one with lifetime warranty) if you want something to last one lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You’ve really got a number of good options at that price point. I personally have a Vortex Crossfire RD on mine. However, the UH-1, Aimpoint PRO, MRO, PA options, reflex sight options and others. You could even consider some LPVO’s or fixed power scopes like the PA cyclops. Shew!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top