Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2018 11:32:59 AM EDT
I am curious how does a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE in Low Light perform at early sunrise or at sundown when hunting deer?  Typically here in Texas, those are conditions when deer move the most.  Looking at the optics in a well lit gun store doesn't help much with simulating low light conditions.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably not very good.  I had a 1-8 strike eagle and while it was good for the price, all of my mid and higher end optics put it to shame.  The light transmission through good glass is something that you just can’t appreciate until you see it.

This is one of those times when I believe the “buy once, cry once” adage is very applicable.

In fact, my trijicon accupoint 1-4 far out performs the strike eagle despite it being 8 power versus the trijicons 4 power.  All because of the good glass.

I sold the strike eagle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Good info, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
OP if you want decent low light you need to step up to at least a Vortex Viper level scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top