Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2018 6:59:40 PM EDT
Little help here please.  MRO on a 10.5' pistol......
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
red dots dont have an eye relief distance, its not a magnified glass using 2 lenses. you should be able to see through the optic without distortion from your eyeball touching the lens to across the room... where you mount it on the upper rail is dependent on what you want. close to the charging handle will let you see the dot fast but covers your vision more, on the upper near the barrel nut gives you the most peripheral vision around the optic but more tubing effect. you shouldnt mount it on the handguard since its not as solid as the upper in relation to the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's been my experience (and seconded by others) that as far back as possible is best.

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
my red dots generally end up centered to slightly rear of center of ejection port cover.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's been my experience (and seconded by others) that as far back as possible is best.

Tomac
View Quote
I agree . I dont own an mro but I do have several other red dots and I set most of them right infront of the buis if I have one and if not where the buis would set .
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've tried pretty much all major red dots and Eotechs. I've always mounted them near the end of the upper rail. I like having them further out because you get less looking though tube and more looking at dotm
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It doesn’t have an objectively ‘optimal’ eye relief like a traditional scope, and everyone will have their preference. I think nearer the rear of the receiver is probably best for fast acquisition, but it looks dumb to me, and looking cool is often more important to me than my gear actually working optimally. For that reason I generally mount towards the front, with the optic mount in line with the front of the mag well.

The point is: Wherever you like it best is where you should put it, without trying to sound flippant or dickish.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I like them furthest forward on upper receiver.  Best FOV and awareness position at very slight cost to flexibility in finding the dot through the ocular at weird positions
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I like them all the way forward on the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks all.
View Quote
So what did you decide on?

I prefer it towards the front of the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I center my T2 on the ejection port door.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My MRO sits at the front of the receiver.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top