Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2018 9:15:47 PM EDT
2 new scopes released from vortex today in the diamondback tactical line.. A 4-16 and 6-24. 30mm tubes mil and moa ffp reticle available msr on the 6-24 is 449..

Seem like a great deal
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Chinese I am guessing?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chinese I am guessing?
View Quote
The diamondback line is made in the Phillipines  so I would assume that applies to the tactical line also.

I was leaning towards the PA 3-18 but these are easier on my wallet.  Sorry pa I love ya but money is tight
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The diamondback line is made in the Phillipines  so I would assume that applies to the tactical line also.

I was leaning towards the PA 3-18 but these are easier on my wallet.  Sorry pa I love ya but money is tight
View Quote
I would look at the Athlon Argos BTR series as well.  I think they are a better value as they have a shim style zero stop while the vortex has no zero stop.  The argos also offer better optical coating and gas purging.  The glass is probably close, but the addition of illuminated reticle on the Athlon is another option the vortex doesnt have
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12 VMR 1” tube which is manufactured in the Philippines.   My other Diamonback and Diamonback HP plus Viper were manufactured in the Philippines.

These new Vortex Diamondback Tactical are 30 mm tube and I’m also curious if these are manufactured in the philippines.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm planning either a grendel or a valkyrie build for long range steel shooting and these scopes look perfect for what I'll call the budget tactical market... You know average Joe's who can't afford 1k in optics but still want a tactical style scope.

PA has been the leader in that area for a long time and I think it's about time others realize there is a huge market for quality $3-400 tactical scopes.

I honestly love my Bushnell engage 2.5-10 $299 with all its features it's awesome and has a perfect home on my spr.  But these new vortex scopes are the answer I've been looking for in my price range
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Another "almost" tactical scope.

Needs a zero stop.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top