Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2018 7:19:17 PM EDT
I received my new TA02 with green chevron today. I tried out the settings and wanted to confirm with those that have them if you see any visible illumination on setting 1. Want to make sure its working or how I can tell without NVG's.

In a dark room I see no reticle illumination with the naked eye on setting 1. There is visible illumination on setting 2.  Called Trijicon to see if they could...ummm....shed any light on it....and the tech person had no idea and I had to look up the NV settings (1 and 2) but had no info if 1 should be visible without NVG's.

Appreciate info from those that have TA02's.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
With  NV settings you shouldn't be able to see any light.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You won't see anything at setting 1 unless you're Richard Riddick.
You might try your cell phone or other camera set to a long exposure at max aperture.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the comments. Made sense to me, but was thinking I shouldnt be able to see anything on setting 2 if they were right about it being NV, but may not have been given accurate info on the phone. Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top