Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2018 12:34:41 PM EDT
Im looking to get a comp m5 on a scalarworks Mount. I have a fixed FSB with a folding rear. Lower 1/3 seems to be the most popular, but I have no issues with the fixed sights and getting a good cheek weld.

I guess the FSB will be more out of the way lower 1/3 but having the dot on top of the front post seems pretty appealing too.

Who has used both and what’s the preference?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer absolute for two reasons:  a) your sight picture is your sight picture and your cheek weld is your cheek weld for both and b) I feel like the irons are too low in said sight picture with a lower 1/3 mount.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I like a 1.93” mount because I use the Aimpoint and not irons. The 1.93 is a lot easier for me to get behind, especially with the little size of the Micro.  I can get real aggressive and squared up with the rifle more on my pec and not have to scrunch down to get sight of the dot.

No optic height you can effectively use is wrong.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like a 1.93” mount because I use the Aimpoint and not irons. The 1.93 is a lot easier for me to get behind, especially with the little size of the Micro.  I can get real aggressive and squared up with the rifle more on my pec and not have to scrunch down to get sight of the dot.

View Quote
Does the height-over-bore throw you off at any distance?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  I was a little apprehensive at first, but it was really a non-issue once I shot with it.  It’s only about .3” and .4” higher than lower 1/3 and absolute mounts and it really didn’t noticeably change the POI on target.   I didn’t have to learn how to hold over again or anything.  I still 50/200 zero, everything the same, just a lot easier getting behind the optic.  You still have to be bery aware of the offset when shooting from behind cover/concealment.

I still have an LPV in a 1.54” mount and I don’t have any trouble going between the two.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top