Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2018 11:36:03 PM EDT
I know when the TRS-25 came out, they were excellent.

In the last few years I purchased a couple and ended up returning them.

Did they work out the issues, or did QC drop even more? Thinking of grabbing one for $40 to put on a Shockwave, but should I bother?

The issue I speak of is a vanishing red dot at about 11 o'clock-ish
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine have all been excellent.

Zero issues so far!
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, just grabbed one for $30.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one for about two years.

The dot started blinking out while firing on my 9mm AR pistol.

Gave it to a coworker.
He says it blinks on a .22.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
At a store or on the EE?  I'll jump on one at that price!
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
eBay, it's listed as used but has the original box/looks good.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a TRS-25 (had a TRS-80 too....) I got 3 years ago, still going strong.  Spent some time and about 400 rounds on my FAL, currently on my AR-9, about 1k rounds.

After reading about the "are they fixed yet" issues, when I had to replace a first gen PA dot (equiv to TRS-25, but 2moa dot vs 3) I went with the AT3 RD-50, no riser since it is on a Ruger Mk II w/ a no-drill&tap mount.  So far excellent, about to buy another to go on an AR, 2moa dot lifetime warranty.  Visible in full Florida summer sun at half brightness, clicks for adjustment are feel-able and audible, and it has a lifetime warranty.  From what I can tell, this is the new best-under-$100 sight

https://www.at3tactical.com/products/at3-tactical-rd-50-micro-red-dot-sight-w-optional-riser-mount

$80ish on amazon with a riser to do lower 1/3 cowitness or dead-on cowitness.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a TRS-25 (had a TRS-80 too....) I got 3 years ago, still going strong.  Spent some time and about 400 rounds on my FAL, currently on my AR-9, about 1k rounds.

After reading about the "are they fixed yet" issues, when I had to replace a first gen PA dot (equiv to TRS-25, but 2moa dot vs 3) I went with the AT3 RD-50, no riser since it is on a Ruger Mk II w/ a no-drill&tap mount.  So far excellent, about to buy another to go on an AR, 2moa dot lifetime warranty.  Visible in full Florida summer sun at half brightness, clicks for adjustment are feel-able and audible, and it has a lifetime warranty.  From what I can tell, this is the new best-under-$100 sight

https://www.at3tactical.com/products/at3-tactical-rd-50-micro-red-dot-sight-w-optional-riser-mount

$80ish on amazon with a riser to do lower 1/3 cowitness or dead-on cowitness.
View Quote
AT3 looks good, and appears to be an upgraded trs-25. But is almost 2x the price.So at that point I end up spending 20-30 more for a truglo/holosun/Romeo (when the right sale presents itself.)
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two last year. One is basically unused but the other spent a little time on my CZ Scorpion and now has been on a AR I put together as a cheap beater for several months.

It probably has about 500 rounds total on it with zero issues.  Also, while on the AR it has been knocked around pretty good, left on for a month straight (testing battery life), and seen some decent temperature swings.

It hasn’t been through anything too strenuous but so far it’s been pretty impressive.  Enough so that I am putting off my original plans to buy a better optic for the carbine it is on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
As long as the lettering on the TRS25 is yellow...you are good to go...white lettering TRS25 are the subpar ones.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a yellow one, hoping it's good to go.

One benefit of ordering used/like new stuff is people take pictures of the actual red dot.

TRS-25 Arrived today,Looks good, and looks like an older model. Slight finish wear.

One odd thing: the dial is off by 1. LOL what the hell?

11= Off
0=10= Normal settings.

Also noticed the emitter is at 2 o'clock.

For $30 I'll take it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe get in touch with Bushnell and get a warranty replacement.

My Yellow lettered TRS25 has super tight brightness control and the emitter is  at 5 o'clock...what is kind of funny...it has better parallax control than my old MROs.

They are not NV compatible...but setting one on this old girl is perfect for indoors...setting 3-4 is as bright as I go outside.

I've had the sight on setting 1 for over two months now...still ticking.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought two yellow letter refurbished ones several years ago.  Sold one in a package deal the other is still going strong and has been on everything I have at some point.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The light flickering issue?  Terminals are dirty on the brightness adjustment wheel. YouTube "cleaning red dot terminal". Easy to do and cured mine. Been flawless ever since
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I have more than I count, never had an issue.  However, I put heavier duty optics on the guns that get run a lot or exhibit severe recoil.  For $40 or less, they are light years ahead of the cheap red dots you bought 10-15 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I have three.  One on an AR45, one on an AR9, and one on a 10-22.  All have been flawless.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the similar problem as you Capt_

The dot would disappear after each shot  after a few seconds it would reappear
This was about 5 years ago
I'll never buy another
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 2 trs-25 . one I use on a beretta storm 9mm carbine shooting pcc matches . run all season on the same battery . the other is on my mossberg sa-20 shotgun it's great for when squirrels are on the ground running .
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I had one on an AK sitting on an ultimak rail.  It wouldn’t stay zeroed. POI would drift by as much as 5 MOA.

Replaced it with a Romeo 5 and am much happier.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a yellow lettered one on my kids Savage Rascal.  It lasted less than 20 rounds of 22 and the dot died.  Sent it back the same day.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top