Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2018 11:00:44 PM EDT
LaRue rifle Aimpoint Comp M5. Sighted in the Comp M5 and then I installed Magpul flip up sights to set up for Co witness. I can’t even adjust the flip up sights to line up with the red dot not even close WTF
Any ideas? Red dot was sighted in 1 inch high at 20 yards. Picture attached

Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure the sights and mount are not Chinese knockoffs?
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah positive. Flip ups came straight from Magpul. Comp M5 came from my good friend authorized Aimpoint dealer
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure your rail is Level with the receiver otherwise you won’t be able to line it up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Rail is level I’m gonna head to another range tomorrow and zero at 100 yards hopefully that will do it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LaRue rifle Aimpoint Comp M5. Sighted in the Comp M5 and then I installed Magpul flip up sights to set up for Co witness. I can’t even adjust the flip up sights to line up with the red dot not even close WTF
Any ideas? Red dot was sighted in 1 inch high at 20 yards. Picture attached
View Quote
I see a couple of potential problems here.  First of all, you say you zero'd your Aimpoint for a 1" high at 20 yards.   I'm not sure what distance you want POA to strike POI but I would think you would be better off being about 1.5" LOW at 25 yards.  That would give you a 50 / 200 yard zero.

Also, depending on which riser you used with your Aimpoint mount will change your optic height above the rail.  I believe there are 2 included risers, a high 1.5" and a low 1.2"  Have you tried mounting the optic with the low riser?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see a couple of potential problems here.  First of all, you say you zero'd your Aimpoint for a 1" high at 20 yards.   I'm not sure what distance you want POA to strike POI but I would think you would be better off being about 1.5" LOW at 25 yards.  That would give you a 50 / 200 yard zero.

Also, depending on which riser you used with your Aimpoint mount will change your optic height above the rail.  I believe there are 2 included risers, a high 1.5" and a low 1.2"  Have you tried mounting the optic with the low riser?
View Quote
Thanks shit that’s where I screwed up I went 1” high instead of about 1.5” low. And the correct riser is definitely on with the low mount the flip ups are above the sight.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do you want the Aimpoint so low?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you want the Aimpoint so low?
View Quote
I don’t want it that low my other optics Aimpoint Pro and Eotech are spot on and co witness fine. Sighted in the Comp M5 to hit 1” above red dot at 20 yards. I’m starting to think I might have a bad Barrel I threw my laser bore in and the red dot is about a foot to the left and a foot low to where the laser hits. Yet when it’s actual rounds down range it’s just about spot on. Even though iron sights can’t even possibly adjust to co witness. Red dot is set up for co-witness. I just lined it up to the laser bore sight at 10 yards POI 2 inches below RDS should be spot on at 50 yards we will see heading to range soon.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top