Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2018 8:33:53 PM EDT
What say ye? My RMR let me down today and I want to replace it with a red dot that doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint

/thread
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
aimpoint.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
No details?....
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aimpoint

/thread
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
It really depends on the application, are we talking pistol or rifle?
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
T-2
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If price is no issue, skip the T1 and go with either a T2 or Comp M5.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If price is no issue, skip the T1 and go with either a T2 or Comp M5.
View Quote
Very true... the t2 is far superior to the t1 so if price is no problem, getting a T1 would be a little "derp"
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
T-2
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
T2

Skip the T1

The LCO looks interesting, but it is larger and I am not sure of any significant track record for it.

I think the LCO has a larger lens, so that may come into play... But there is the Comp series from Aimpoint, and the M5 isn't very large, but has a larger objective lens if I remember correctly.

I don't know the battery life of the LCO, but I doubt it can beat the T2.

What happened to the RMR?

I do not think of the micro reflex sights like the RMR and DPP to be suitable for a primary optic on a duty rifle... Nor any rifle that would get banged around a lot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Very true... the t2 is far superior to the t1  .. . ..
View Quote
How so?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#12]
The T2 is built such that it protects the cap and elevation  turret of the optic. There is also a substantial difference in optical clarity, smoother/more audible rotary adjustments, flip caps and less parallax ... it’s worth the couple extra bucks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
T-2
View Quote
This, it's worth the upgrade over the T1
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#14]
LCO if you like a larger clear window. The lco probably never took off because of it’s price.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Application is home defense/zombie rifle.

Quoted:
No details?....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No details?....
Quoted:
T2

Skip the T1

The LCO looks interesting, but it is larger and I am not sure of any significant track record for it.

I think the LCO has a larger lens, so that may come into play... But there is the Comp series from Aimpoint, and the M5 isn't very large, but has a larger objective lens if I remember correctly.

I don't know the battery life of the LCO, but I doubt it can beat the T2.

What happened to the RMR?

I do not think of the micro reflex sights like the RMR and DPP to be suitable for a primary optic on a duty rifle... Nor any rifle that would get banged around a lot.
The RMR started doing the "I have a poorly designed battery compartment" flicker and it pissed me off. It's unacceptable that a brand new optic that costs that much won't function reliably. My $50 first gen Primary Arms micro dot inspires more confidence. Way more confidence.

So I'll tweak the battery spring and order the seal plate thing, stick it on a P80, and never trust it.

Quoted:
LCO if you like a larger clear window. The lco probably never took off because of it’s price.
That's one of the things I like about it. I got to try one out and I can get one for a few hundred less than the T1/2 series but it's kind of an unknown quantity to me. I know T1/T2 is the benchmark, but Leupold mades good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#16]
T2, no competition.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The T2 is built such that it protects the cap and elevation  turret of the optic. There is also a substantial difference in optical clarity, smoother/more audible rotary adjustments, flip caps and less parallax ... it’s worth the couple extra bucks.
View Quote
The biggest issue with T1 was that the screw threads stripped, did they address that specific issue?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The biggest issue with T1 was that the screw threads stripped, did they address that specific issue?
View Quote
Are you referring to screws that secure to mount?  T2 has helicoils and can strip out as well if not paying attention   I think the T2 is robust, but you need to be cognizant of the helicoils when mounting - I sure as hell learned the hard way.  Good thing Aimpoint has great CS
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#19]
T2.  Tougher body, helicoiled threads, not a blue window with a red splotch.

The T1 is a POS.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
T2.  Tougher body, helicoiled threads, not a blue window with a red splotch.

The T1 is a POS.
View Quote
I wouldn't call it a POS, bit the T2 for a nominal price increase is much better.  It's also like half the parallax.

Green eye tactical report:

T2 = 4.5 MOA average deviation across all tests
T1 = 9.7 MOA " "
LCO = 12.9 MOA "  "
MRO = 13.4 MOA "  "
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Aimpoint...always.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wouldn't call it a POS, bit the T2 for a nominal price increase is much better.  It's also like half the parallax.

T1 = 9.7 MOA " "
LCO = 12.9 MOA "  "
MRO = 13.4 MOA "  "
View Quote
Here is the actual data.  Both T1 and LCO are terrible on parallax.  So is MRO.

T2 is much better.

Sorry to hear about the RMR.  Most have been pretty reliable.  If you want to stick with a mini-reflex. I have high regard for Leupold's Deltapoint Pro.  I have two of them.  Using the same target and test protocol as in the above test, my DPPs have an average of only 3 MOA parallax shift.  That's even better than T2.  And it has all the virtues of the RMR, but with much better optical clarity, no battery compartment issues, and much larger FOV/viewing screen than either RMR or T2.

Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

T2 is much better.

Sorry to hear about the RMR.  Most have been pretty reliable.  If you want to stick with a mini-reflex. I have high regard for Leupold's Deltapoint Pro.  I have two of them.  Using the same target and test protocol as in the above test, my DPPs have an average of only 3 MOA parallax shift.  That's even better than T2.  And it has all the virtues of the RMR, but with much better optical clarity, no battery compartment issues, and much larger FOV/viewing screen than either RMR or T2.

https://s20.postimg.cc/8cut26hsd/Parallax_Test_Results.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T1 = 9.7 MOA " "
LCO = 12.9 MOA "  "
MRO = 13.4 MOA "  "

T2 is much better.

https://s20.postimg.cc/8cut26hsd/Parallax_Test_Results.jpg
Thanks 556.  Also surprised how well the Vortex did in the test.  I'd study this chart if I were getting into the RDS game
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Price being no object buy a T2.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top