Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2018 7:08:11 AM EDT
I have the Leopold already.  It is new in the box and unused but the money has already been spent.  I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PRICE ON THESE SCOPES, IT ISN'T A FACTOR

This is going on a SCAR 17 to use in a DMR type role.

Which of these two scopes would be the better optic?  Is there another scope by S&B or something that is better than either of these scopes in this application?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Better in what sense? Horus reticle is great/best for some camps. The FC-DM is NF's take on the concept.

If nothing else, the NF has a smaller footprint.

CQBSS was great but its been years and riflescopes have come a long way in terms of technology.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Schmidt Bender is about to release (or is it already released?) arguably the best LPV.
The PM2 1-8 shortdot dual CC

-Dual focal plane reticle with a beamsplitter reddot in the SFP (basically a built in aimpoint), both of which illuminate. Although expensive, IMO the dual focal plane with beamsplitter is the best LPV setup.
-close to parallax free x1 CC mode
-German HD Schmidt Bender glass
-open locking turrets

If money is no object, this is easily the best choice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Schmidt Bender is about to release (or is it already released?) arguably the best LPV.
The PM2 1-8 shortdot dual CC

-Dual focal plane reticle with a beamsplitter reddot in the SFP (basically a built in aimpoint), both of which illuminate. Although expensive, IMO the dual focal plane with beamsplitter is the best LPV setup.
-close to parallax free x1 CC mode
-German HD Schmidt Bender glass
-open locking turrets

If money is no object, this is easily the best choice.
View Quote
Given S&B's history with their LPVO packages, I'll believe that it's been released when it's actually on the dealers shelves and available for pickup.

As far as specs on paper are concerned - I'll wait until a number of them are in peoples hands and real life reviews are provided before calling anything "easily the best choice"
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top