Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2018 2:09:31 AM EDT
Hey guys. Just wondering what the updated general concensus is on the Trijicon MRO?

And did they ever decide to make it TRUE 1.0x magnification? Or is there still a slight 1.05x magnification?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I've owned a pre 89k (1.1x) and now an 89k+ (1.05 ish) ... Still good to go in my opinion. Glass is very nice and has less of a tint than my older. Paid about 30 bucks less than my old..

Was it worth the trouble to have to re-zero? I guess ... the 1.1x didnt bother me as much as the tint my old model had.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
From another thread, someone mentioned there was still a slight magnification, but definitely an improvement.

I haven't tried the improved glass, but own an older version.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't see enough of a difference between them to be worthwhile.

Nothing obvious anyway. If there are any hidden or non obvious changes, that may change things.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the two I have, both are post 89k so I can't compare them to earlier models. The only thing you have to take into consideration is the POI shift if the dot isnt' centered. I did a lot of testing and got upwards of 12 MOA of shift when having the dot centered to having it on the very edge of the glass. Inside of 50yds the shift was minimal for me and not an issue, at 100yds and past is when it gets to be a big deal but then at those ranges I feel a guy should have time to get a somewhat decent cheek weld for accurate shooting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the two I have, both are post 89k so I can't compare them to earlier models. The only thing you have to take into consideration is the POI shift if the dot isnt' centered. I did a lot of testing and got upwards of 12 MOA of shift when having the dot centered to having it on the very edge of the glass. Inside of 50yds the shift was minimal for me and not an issue, at 100yds and past is when it gets to be a big deal but then at those ranges I feel a guy should have time to get a somewhat decent cheek weld for accurate shooting.
View Quote
12 MOA ?!?!

Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think the dot brightness on setting 3 (which is required for the 5 year battery life) is bright enough for outdoor daytime use.

I had to go to setting 4, which kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

I prefer 4 MOA dots since they are easier to pick up. They also require less juice in order to appear "brighter".

Aside from that, I had no other issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think the dot brightness on setting 3 (which is required for the 5 year battery life) is bright enough for outdoor daytime use.

View Quote
So does the firearm you use this on stay in the yard?

No rds claiming 5 years of battery life is doing so on bright settings.

I just got one. Haven't got to use it much. Like it so far.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I can say for certain that my two H-1's are daylight bright and easy enough to pick up on setting 8, which is the required setting for 5 year battery life.

I'm just stating my observations and preferences.  Some of these things actually matter to some people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Comp M4/M4s does
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#10]
The models did not perform well on the parallax tests done.  It is made of 7075 aluminum which Aimpoint can only boast of one of their models (M5).  Not bad for the price.  I had an early model SRS and ended up returning it due to multiple issues, so it turned me off the Triji RDS models in general.  This is the point in time I found the T1 which all have since become T2's
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
All pre and post 89k serial number MROs I have looked through have slight magnification. Also, the majority of MRO owners I've met in-person seem to be in denial about the clearly magnified image... I guess you stop seeing it once you drop $350 or so on one...

I'm confused why Triicon can't get these things to be true 1x. I'm guessing there is some method to the madness, but for me it's a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All pre and post 89k serial number MROs I have looked through have slight magnification. Also, the majority of MRO owners I've met in-person seem to be in denial about the clearly magnified image... I guess you stop seeing it once you drop $350 or so on one...

I'm confused why Triicon can't get these things to be true 1x. I'm guessing there is some method to the madness, but for me it's a deal breaker.
View Quote
I'm not convinced about the magnification issue.  For the short time that I had mine, I didn't really perceive any magnification.

Even if it is mathematically present, then it wasn't enough to bother me.  I think for most of the people who are "bothered" by it, it's a placebo thing -- they read about it on the internet and then they can't get the possibility out of their head and then bam, next thing you know it's driving them nuts.

Anyway, I sold mine off and went to an ACOG TA44 1.5x ACSS and love it. So clearly the mag issue wasn't a factor for me.

As I said, the real issue for me was the lack of dot brightness on the prescribed setting.  Aside from that, it seemed like a very solid little optic.

If the MRO was all I had available to me, I wouldn't complain at all.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I have pre 89k and post 89k and cannot see a difference.

on my bedroom gun setting 3 is perfect, assuming that if needed it will most likely be at night, but for daylight stuff 4 is needed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, I can say for certain that my two H-1's are daylight bright and easy enough to pick up on setting 8, which is the required setting for 5 year battery life.

I'm just stating my observations and preferences.  Some of these things actually matter to some people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going back and reading that I sounded like a dick and I apologize.

If something claims a 5 year battery life, I will put a new battery in it on January 1 of every year. I change the battery on all my rds on that day so I don't have to worry about it.

I leave mine on 4 all the time. It will bloom a little at night but it's bright enough to still see clearly if I have to employ a weaponlight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I forgot to mention also my pre 89k was slightly dimmer on setting 3... post 89k is brighter on setting 3. Anyone else observe this when comparing older models with newer?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top