Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2018 3:52:04 PM EDT
Anyone using one of these? Looking for a moderately priced, non-micro RDS. I'm interested because among other things it's available in FDE.

Yes, I'm familiar with all the PA offerings and have some. Just looking for info on this sight only.

General range and plinking use on an AR.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one with the 3x magnifier. Solid at 100 yards. Good little unit. Useless over 200 yards. The "dot" would cover up a 15"-18" area at 200 yards. The laser is not very clean, has a star burst to it.

I have had it about a year, and it is still on the factory battery. I probably would not buy another one, but I am happy with the one I have.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one with the 3x magnifier. Solid at 100 yards. Good little unit. Useless over 200 yards. The "dot" would cover up a 15"-18" area at 200 yards. The laser is not very clean, has a star burst to it.

I have had it about a year, and it is still on the factory battery. I probably would not buy another one, but I am happy with the one I have.
View Quote
SBR, I can't imagine shooting over 100 yards with this rifle. I know an SBR can reach out more but that will be my limit for this particular gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SBR, I can't imagine shooting over 100 yards with this rifle. I know an SBR can reach out longer but that will be my limit for this particular gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBR, I can't imagine shooting over 100 yards with this rifle. I know an SBR can reach out longer but that will be my limit for this particular gun.
Than I would slap it on there. Like I said I am happy with it. It looks heavier than it really is. And if you find one on a PSA daily deal it is a no brainer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one... It worked well. It was on a dedicated 22lr, but I threw a carry handle on it instead.

That was my third Strikefire. I had a gen 1 go out on me, it was replaced for free, and it also went bad. The gen 2 was sent as a replacement, and it worked fine, but was never abused being on a 22lr rifle. The others had been on a mix of calibers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and will/would not buy another . the dot looks like haleys comet when on red and like a cluster of grapes when on green . it will turn itself on if bumped and run the battery down eventually . I find the bushnell trs-25 much better at half the price . I own 2 of those one on a shotgun and the other on my ppc carbine I shoot in competition .
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
1) You have an astigmatism
2) The Strikefire I had the power button on the outside (Not wonderful) so it would turn off/on if bumped. The Strikefire II (current model since like 2008) has fixed this issue and no longer has any buttons on the side that are easily "Bumpable"
3) If you feel like there is definitely an issue with yours of some sort, shoot us a PM and we'll get it taken care of. For reference, we don't have any parts or units left over of the Strikefire I.... For what it's worth... *Cough* *Cough*
View Quote
I do not have an astigmatisim my aimpoint pro , c-more railyway and 2 bushnell trs-25's say different.
I dont feel like something is wrong . It is visably wrong .
I also do not expect you to warranty something that I should of complained about 8 years ago . Honestly I thought it was my eyes until I bought other optics so that is on me . I do appreciate your offer and I will reply with a P.M .

jeff
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I run my gen 1 w/ the 2x magnifier on it. Makes that dot sharp & round. Prefer it over my the other lower cost RDS I have... Also prefer the green dot option
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a laser - it's an LED and if you're having a starburst effect then it sounds like you have an astigmatism - take a picture of the dot with your phone (Which does not have an astigmatism) and see if the dot looks crisp. If it doesn't, that would be a first for us and we'll get it taken care of.

Side note - the dot covers roughly about 8 inches at 200 yards
View Quote
@vortexoptics I do not have an astigmatism.

You can clearly see the starburst in the pictures.  It is much worse in green than red. And much worse when seen with the naked eye.

Do not get me wrong, it is a great product,  but as it sits I would not buy another one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Judging from your pictures, it looks to be lens flare from the camera. This can be caused by taking the photos inside or another light source shining in from another direction and glancing (flaring) off the optic's lens. But, we're here to take care of you! If you're at all unhappy with the Strikefire you have, you can give our Customer Care team a call directly at: 1-800-426-0048 ext. 6 or email us at: [email protected]. - Erik
View Quote
The starburst is clearly visible in the same spots of the lens. They are static in position when you rotate the optic. It is all the same inside, outdoors, etc.. the flares are in the same spot red or green.

I am not worried about it. It has been a reliable optic.

I appreciate your willingness to correct this,  but it is not a huge deal for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one on my 300BLK SBR. I got it for the larger dot. Note: the red only is brighter than the red/green. I wish I'd gotten the red only.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We'll get back to you via PM, but just for reference - If that is the case and it is indeed the optic causing the strange dot - or lack thereof (Which would be strange because for there to be a cluster of grapes, there would need to be multiple LED's inside or to get a comet shape, the LED would actually have to be shaped like a comet) we will warranty it - whether it's been for 8 years or not!
View Quote
maybe I should of been more specific . it dont look like indivduale grapes but the shape of a cluster . either way I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me .
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ve had my strike fire 2 for few months. I’m pleased with it, it does everything it’s supposed to do. For the price it’s tough to beat. I have a good clean dot I haven’t had any strange effects like posts above.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
It seems to me, the two photos were taken with the dot turned up too high, too bright for the camera.  This is based on the super-saturated appearance of the dot itself.  This then causes and emphasizes the scatter around the image of the dot (the halo) and the scatter off the internal surfaces of the optic (flare).

It is refreshing to have a supplier reach out and try to make it right for the customer.

It is refreshing to have a supplier attempt to remove "defective product" from the market, even when the customer is totally satisfied with the product.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top