Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2018 9:27:08 PM EDT
Purchased this optic about 12 months ago, was somewhat disappointed with the daylight bright, or lack there of, and put the optic aside.  installed it on a new rifle that I was trying out and i found out that the optic is not that bad, actually I really am starting to like it a lot

I am 60 in August and do not wear glasses except for reading and the diopter adjustment is really good.  I am starting to have trouble with the ACOGs due to lack of diopter adjustment

Was shooting past weekend and did a box test at 50 yards and this scope was dead on, made a perfect box and back to the starting point.

It is light weight, the 1X is not that bad and it now sits on a DD V7 SLW rifle.

I am considering purchasing some more for rifles that need optics.

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, same here. I was disappointed in the brightness but still enjoy using it out to 300m at the local range.

I use the mil crosshair reticle which one did you get?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Purchased this optic about 12 months ago, was somewhat disappointed with the daylight bright, or lack there of, and put the optic aside.  installed it on a new rifle that I was trying out and i found out that the optic is not that bad, actually I really am starting to like it a lot

I am 60 in August and do not wear glasses except for reading and the diopter adjustment is really good.  I am starting to have trouble with the ACOGs due to lack of diopter adjustment

Was shooting past weekend and did a box test at 50 yards and this scope was dead on, made a perfect box and back to the starting point.

It is light weight, the 1X is not that bad and it now sits on a DD V7 SLW rifle.

I am considering purchasing some more for rifles that need optics.

Maybe a dumb question but do you have the Fiber optic cover open the whole way? I have a 1-4 and a 3-9 and i almost always need to turn the fiber optics down when I'm shooting outside in the sun for being too bright.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Accupower is battery powered.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, same here. I was disappointed in the brightness but still enjoy using it out to 300m at the local range.

View Quote
I have the circle BDC in green, when the green can be seen, it is nice and bright.  But on a bright day, it is washed out.

Regardless, the scope is growing on me.  If I get another one, will be the same reticle but in red.

I am learning to standardize on my rifles, same trigger, similar scopes, same bipod, same ammo and suppressors....this is more than OCD, but rather familiarity and repetitive motor skills

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
77, it is OCD.  Most of us have it.  No big deal.

I have 4 of just about every weapon I own.  Same scope, same trigger, same configuration.

It is a disease. But, it is better than drinking, over eating, or cheating on the wife.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have 4 of just about every weapon I own.  Same scope, same trigger, same configuration.

It is a disease. But, it is better than drinking, over eating, or cheating on the wife.
View Quote
all, sorry I was thinking accupoint. that's on me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had the green segmented version, sold it for a Steiner P4xi and never looked back. Had I bought the "Mil Crosshair" version, I would probably still have it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
The red reticile is supposed to be a lot brighter than the green. Still not aimpoint/razor/Steiner bright but a solid improvement.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The red reticile is supposed to be a lot brighter than the green. Still not aimpoint/razor/Steiner bright but a solid improvement.
View Quote
Not in the 4x version.  You're thinking the 8x.  The 1-4x both get washed out (red/green).  Green 8x gets washed out...red 8x is daylight bright.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top