Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2018 7:57:00 AM EDT
I recently picked up a Viridian C5L at Academy Sports for $89.99. Regular price $299.99. It was on clearance sale due to being a discontinued model, but mainly because they had lost the box with all the accessories. It was already assembled and mounted on a plastic Glock 19 display pistol and seemed to work good in the store. So since all it was really missing by not having the box was the mounts for the other style pistols which I didn't need and the windage and elevation adjustment tool, I took a chance and I bought it at that price.

I mounted it on my Glock Gen 5 and it works perfect. I found a tiny allen wrench in my snap on kit that fits the elevation and windage adjusters, got it zeroed in,  so I feel like I got a steal. The laser is simply AMAZING!!! The flashlight aint bad either. That fricking laser is bright as hell and will go as far as you can see at night and is super bright in the daytime as well.

So my question is, why wouldn't this work on my AR-15? I have a Magpul flashlight adapter on my Magpul handguard the laser would mount right on, so why wouldn't it work? I haven't tried it on my AR-15 yet, just thought I would ask first in case there is something I haven't considered.

Thanks,

the_AR-15_Junkie
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
No reason it wouldn't. Just sight it in and run it. I have had a few of them and when the batteries get low they go hay wire, or at least mine did.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No reason it wouldn't. Just sight it in and run it. I have had a few of them and when the batteries get low they go hay wire, or at least mine did.
View Quote
YEs sir mine did the same thing when the battery went low. It wouldn't even turn off, it just went nuts. Had to take the battery cap off to get it to shut down lol. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, I mounted it up sighted it in, seems to work perfect on the AR-15. Now I can take off my red dot. Ideally the plan is to remove the front iron sight and move the laser to the picatinny rail where the red dot currently sits. A gunsmith at a local shop will cut the tops off of the iron sights, and polish the edges over nice and pretty for $50 bucks. I may have him do that. Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAjUlFnM-g&feature=youtu.be

The problem I have with using red dots is a common one. It looks like a red mess of paint thrown on a wall. I took it to my last eye doctor appt and he said it looked like a nice crsip red dot to him and his assistant said the same as well. Its not astigmatism, its my cataracts which arent bad enough to have surgery yet, so I would like to move to lasers and away from the red dots altogether. The eye dr made me a set of those temporary goofy glasses, but they did not help with the red dot at all.  I tried a vortex prism with the ecthed reticle and couldnt see that very well either, but this cheap laser seems to be the answer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So you're wanting this laser to be your only/primary source of aiming your rifle by mounting it on top of the rifle where normally a red dot would sit?
Is that correct? If so, wouldn't the laser module itself obstruct your view of the laser when you have the rifle shouldered?
Not bashing op, just trying to get a clear picture of what you're wanting.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top