Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2018 11:45:06 AM EDT
Just bought a M&P 10, .308.    Looking for a optic.    I've been impressed with the concept behind the ACSS optics by Primary Arms.

I was using JBM Ballistics Trajectory Calculator with my measured muzzle velocity to predict what my trajectory would be.    After doing those calculations, I find that the muzzle velocity required to match the BDC is much higher than I can achieve with a 16" barrel.   Or maybe I'm overlooking a factor.

Has anyone put a ACSS BDC scope on a 16" barrel (with muzzle velocity of 2490 fps and 175 gr SMK) and had success with the BDC reticle?    BTW, I define success as being able to hit steel silhouettes at up to 600 yards with a .308.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Your good to go...I run one on a 16 inch. You’ll love the scope.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You did most of the work I just chose the cartridge and plugged the data into Strelok. Here's the holdovers 50 yard zero +1.5 MOA in elevation to get them to line up better. Just keep in mind I have a very low height over sea level at my range only 80 ft so your actual numbers may be off.
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top