Love to hear from anyone that give me some insight
Thank you !
Drj
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had one before I moved to 1-6x.

Pros:
Daylight bright center dot illumination
Good BDC reticle for 5.56 maybe good for .308.
Lifetime warranty.
Good 1x FOV
Good German made glass.

Cons:
Kind of heavy but average for the low powered variable optics.
Turrets aren't the best.
Stiff zoom lever ( more or less negated with throw lever package)

All in all I liked it when I had it however there are a couple of users who have reported durability issues with it (I never put it through any hard use at all). One user claimed that he bought one shot about 1000 rounds of .308 with it mounted and the lenses loosened and shifted around or something, sent it to Steiner and got a new one back and he said he had the same thing happen with the replacement and when they replaced that one with another new unit he just sold it.

If you're trying to compare P4Xi vs Accupower 1-4x I can add some comments on the Accupower.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Steiner thread

Or you could read this 20 page thread on them from Page 4.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3.  One on 5.56, one on 6.5G 16" and one on 308 16"

i really like them.  Glass is great, 1X appears to me to be 1X.  Turrets could be better but  I only actually used them when zeroIng

all are on ADM recon mounts FWIW.  Buy with confidence, good value for the money
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#4]
They are highly regarded on this site especially when on sale in the $400 range
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Hard to beat for the $ (sale around $400).

I have two TX5is and so I thought I give the other end of their line a try (on a 3G rifle).

No complaints for a $400 scope.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Best $400ish scope on the market.  Nothing close to it in that price range.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
How do they compare to the Leupold 1-4 ? Leupold 1.5-5?
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
A seriously great quality optic. A steal for the price. As others have said the clarity is great, the BDC simple, and the dot is concise and daylight bright. As others have said the adjustment for the turrets isn't wonderful and the magnification adjustment is tight at first but mine has smoothed out a ton.

Great optic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Broke two in a row with normal use and both had different illumination and turrets than one another. Quality control from Steiner is below average. I will never buy another. Sold my replacement for cost and I hope it works great for the new owner, I just can never trust it.

If it was more reliable I'd love them. Can't give it a con for the cash if it's working.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
What did you replace it with. Just curious I still have one and haven’t had any problems so far.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Had it on my shorty 308 bolt action and that rifle now has an old dangerous game Nikon Monarch 4x on it in the meantime. Will be trying for a Razor GenII 1-6 instead.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top