Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:46:55 PM EDT
I ordered a Steiner P4Xi 1-4X24 from a reputable vendor (Industry Partner), and I have some concerns. It arrived in a box with the label seals, but the seals had been peeled open so the box was unsealed. The scope has some handling scratches on one side that could be from a being in a scope ring. Also, the Steiner sticker on the bottom of the box has been covered with a Burris sticker.
I do not believe that it is brand new, but a return. Has anyone else seen a Steiner show up new in this condition?

ETA: They are replacing the scope with a new one at no cost to me.

Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a return scope or demo scope.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If you didn’t purchase an open box/demo,

Send.

It.

Back.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I plan to contact the vendor Monday when they open. Thanks for the input. I really didn't think that I was being picky, but a few more opinions helps.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you didn’t purchase an open box/demo,

Send.

It.

Back.
View Quote
Yep. It will probably work fine but if you paid for a new one I'd demand a new one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
This is how mine came NIB with factory seals...

Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The other three of mine were factory sealed as well. Something is definitely funky.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like it may have been a demo unit to me as well. Would also ask for an exchange
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like it may have been a demo unit to me as well. Would also ask for an exchange
View Quote
Or a nice discount.....w/refund.  Your call.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I to just picked up one of these from an industry partner on sale and noticed the factory stickers were a little messed up. I did not think much of it because the scope looked fine. The only think I thought was weird was that the battery was already installed and they gave me a spare one. Not sure if that is standard or not.

After reading this post I examined my box again and have the same Burris sticker on the bottom. Additionally the end sticker that identifies the scope was placed over an existing sticker. The original sticker was for item numbers 5201, which is the scope without the throw lever. The new sticker identifies part number 5202, which includes the throw lever.

I wonder if they had a bunch without the throw lever and added the throw lever into the box at the time of sale?

I don’t seem to have any marks on my scope, but I’m curious to hear what you find out. I also had a friend buy one on this sale and will ask him if he saw anything weird.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
return it or ask for a discount.

The optic should come in the box Sealed and flawless if you bought it new...
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I to just picked up one of these from an industry partner on sale and noticed the factory stickers were a little messed up. I did not think much of it because the scope looked fine. The only think I thought was weird was that the battery was already installed and they gave me a spare one. Not sure if that is standard or not.

After reading this post I examined my box again and have the same Burris sticker on the bottom. Additionally the end sticker that identifies the scope was placed over an existing sticker. The original sticker was for item numbers 5201, which is the scope without the throw lever. The new sticker identifies part number 5202, which includes the throw lever.

I wonder if they had a bunch without the throw lever and added the throw lever into the box at the time of sale?

I don’t seem to have any marks on my scope, but I’m curious to hear what you find out. I also had a friend buy one on this sale and will ask him if he saw anything weird.
View Quote
they come with battery installed and a spare battery as well
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok cool. This is my first scope from them and wasn’t sure.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top