Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:40:41 AM EDT
Is there really anything wrong with the factory MRO mount? I see almost everyone ditches them for some type of aftermarket mount. I know the MRO mount is pretty basic but if a guy doesn't need a QD mount is there really any reason to replace the factory piece?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the factory lower third mount. It works fine.
Others may be lighter, or have other features such as QD or cooler looks.
I’d love the geissele one in DDC to go with my FDE gun, but so far I keep finding other stuff to buy instead.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing at all, I think you thought this out logically and see most of us go to the aftermarket for QD abilities. Thing is, ordering the MRO without a mount and being able to get a QD from LaRue or whoever isn't losing a ton of cash. $30 more? I went with the Patrol and that's about what I saw the difference was.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't like how they look. That's it... Oh, and they aren't QD. I really like the new mounts coming out on the Patrol. I might have to try it out. I like the look, and it has a Geissele style knob.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I only ditched mine to use a Radian fixed mount. The mount is canted. It allowed my magnifier to sit really close to the MRO... Most people seem to want QD, but the factory mount works.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top