Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:38:14 PM EDT
I have a Vortex Strikefire 2 on my Colt LE6920. I go to an indoor range that has a max range of 75 ft (25 yards). My eyesight is not great at all. I have to keep bringing the target in to see my hits. Would the Vortex VMX-3T Magnifier help my problem of not seeing where I hit? Would it work well at 25 yards or make things worse? I know the magnifier is generally used for 100 yards and out. I do go to an outdoor range a couple times a year. The rest of the time I am indoors at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you just want a magnifier to see your hits while shooting, some splatter targets and binos would work as well at 25 yards.
Have you considered upgrading to a magnified optic? There's some pretty good options that are budget friendly that might make it easier on you still.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you just want a magnifier to see your hits while shooting, some splatter targets and binos would work as well at 25 yards.
Have you considered upgrading to a magnified optic? There's some pretty good options that are budget friendly that might make it easier on you still.
View Quote

I am considering either the Primary Arms 3X Compact Prism Riflescope - ACSS 5.56 Reticle or the Vortex Optics Spitfire 3x Prism Scope with EBR-556B Reticle. The thing is I have a Vortex Strikefire 2. No need for both. That is why I was inquiring about the VMX-3T. My concern with the VMX is it could make the red dot more distorted than it already appears because of my old eyes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Magnifiers normally clean up the dot or reticle of most red dots.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Look at the Burris 332 or 536. Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You should be able to see your hits at 25 yard with a 3X magnifier. Another option is to just get a spotting scope instead.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
At 25 yards, inexpensive binoculars would work fine.

If eyesight is a problem, a low power variable might be a good choice, as putting a magnifier behind a red dot usually ends up being bulky, heavier, and most magnifiers have very poor field of view and tend to have dark images compared to a low variable scope.   If on a budget and shooting at distances that do not require hold overs, the simple Weaver V-3  1-3x variable would be a good choice.  It is not illuminated, however.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top