Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2016 3:38:38 PM EDT
So my question is on the leupold vx6 1-6 cds illuminated scope, how does the CDS turret fit on?  The normal turret it comes with is small and doesn't have 3 allen screws like a lot of internet searches show.  When you order a custom turret from leupold does it fit over the standard one and then tighten down the allen screws?  

I am wondering because I am just trying to figure out if I need to send my scope in to get different turrets I would enjoy more.  

Thanks for any help (I tried calling Leupold but call center is closed for weather and waiting on email).

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it replaces the current cap on your VX6 , with one with the CDS dial
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
You just gently pull the original knob off the scope. You'll feel it "pop" when it's off. The new turret will have screws that secure it in addition to the friction. Be sure to clean well and take your time when installing the stop.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have the bullet drop reticle?
They don't give any drop numbers or subtensions to the BDC markings that drives me crazy!
Are you supposed to sight in at 100yds? 200yds? Who knows?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have the bullet drop reticle?
They don't give any drop numbers or subtensions to the BDC markings that drives me crazy!
Are you supposed to sight in at 100yds? 200yds? Who knows?
View Quote

Strelok has these reticles. Which one do you have?  The FireDot BDC, CMR2 or the Multigun?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Firedot BDC
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
For the firedot BDC, if you zero at 200 yds for 55gr Hornady fmj going 3000fps, the drops are:

So very easy to remember.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you.

Why does not Leupold publish these holdovers?
I can't find anything anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you.

Why does not Leupold publish these holdovers?
I can't find anything anywhere.
View Quote

Honestly, I have no idea. I had to get the subtensions from Jesse Tischauer and forward them to Strelok to add that reticle.
Leupold's just not very good at it.
But some guys are great at this like Vortex.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top