Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2016 7:16:26 AM EDT
Which version of this sight is recommended?

I like not having to worry about battery life, but auto adjust brightness is sometimes horrific during low light situations.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Have both.

The RM08G FO version works well on my daylight 3-gun pistol but wouldn't want to protect my life with it in low light conditions.

The RM06 on my carry pistol is my favorite.

Next RMR will be another 06.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have both.

The RM08G FO version works well on my daylight 3-gun pistol but wouldn't want to protect my life with it in low light conditions.

View Quote

This is correct and mirrors my experience. The FO is great outdoors or when one knows there will be at least a decent level of light, but if on a defensive firearm I'd go LED. My Benelli M4 has a FO RMR for turkey hunting duty, my FN Tac. .45 has a 6.5 LED Adjustable. Both are perfect, but within their intended use.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the dual illuminated model. Even in low light the amber dot is useable for me
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I really like the dual illuminated model. Even in low light the amber dot is useable for me
View Quote

+1  Dual illumination, amber dot.  Have no issues in bright or low light.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about the green dot on the dual?

And for those with the led, red or green dot?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is correct and mirrors my experience. The FO is great outdoors or when one knows there will be at least a decent level of light, but if on a defensive firearm I'd go LED. My Benelli M4 has a FO RMR for turkey hunting duty, my FN Tac. .45 has a 6.5 LED Adjustable. Both are perfect, but within their intended use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have both.

I like the way you think
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top