BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Good find.

I have a friend who is a radiologist.  One day I was visiting him while reading film.  He wears bifocals.  He had them on upside down.  Makes sense when you need the magnification up top!  That was years ago.  Now the images are digital on a computer screen.

I wear bifocals and use two different styles.  For all but driving, I wear what I call my "computer glasses".  I am nearsighted.  I had the top part made with a diopter setting that provides perfect focus at arms length.  Because I see well up closer, the bottom is just clear glass.

I found that the "computer glasses" work really well with iron sights too, especially handguns where the front sight is just about the same distance from me as my computer screen.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered a pair, thanks!

I had my eye doc adjust my contact lenses so I can shoot with pistol, but sometimes I just don't feel like popping them in especially if it's going to be dusty or dry at the range.

Also, sometimes after wearing them all day I feel like stopping home first and taking them out before I go shooting because they start to get kind of annoying and dry out quicker even after I re-wet with them with my drops.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had very good luck with these people:

http://www.hansenseagleeye.info/

I have the pistol version, and I adjust the scope diopter to make the reticle sharp too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had my eye doc adjust my contact lenses so I can shoot with pistol, but sometimes I just don't feel like popping them in especially if it's going to be dusty or dry at the range.

Also, sometimes after wearing them all day I feel like stopping home first and taking them out before I go shooting because they start to get kind of annoying and dry out quicker even after I re-wet with them with my drops.
View Quote

Wow, you're welcome.  Glad I posted it then.  I thought all the young guys would be ripping me a knew one.  LOL.  I don't have the problem of ever getting a sharp front sight.  It's that the fricking target gets more blurry than it used to when I do focus on the front sight.  For me, the further away the front sight is, the less the target gets blurry.  Like battle rifles and a rifle length AR are good to go.  A carbine is .
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wow, you're welcome.  Glad I posted it then.  I thought all the young guys would be ripping me a knew one.  LOL.  I don't have the problem of ever getting a sharp front sight.  It's that the fricking target gets more blurry than it used to when I do focus on the front sight.  For me, the further away the front sight is, the less the target gets blurry.  Like battle rifles and a rifle length AR are good to go.  A carbine is .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those young guys will be right in our same boat someday!

And it will come a lot sooner than they think.

I also like the above poster mousegunner's suggestion. In the future I think I'm going to look into that place also.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top