Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2016 11:21:04 AM EDT
This will probably sound like a dumb question but I think there might be an easy answer I don't know about.  

The specs say the Aimpoint uses a 2L76 or DL1/3N battery.  But I go into different places and don't see those numbers.  I was in the drug store and I think there are batteries that LOOK like they might fit the aimpoint, but there number are all different.  Are there other standard numbers in common useage for the battery?   I never have enough time to ask a clerk and my guess is they would probably be clueless.  

If they DON'T sell these batteries at drug stores, then where do you guys get them?  

For my surefire light, I see the drug store has "123" batteries and I'm assuming those are the same as a CR123.  But is there a difference?  When I bought the light I bought several Surefire batteries and have yet to use them up.  But I would like to stock up some more for that too.  

Thanks for helping me out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This will probably sound like a dumb question but I think there might be an easy answer I don't know about.  

The specs say the Aimpoint uses a 2L76 or DL1/3N battery.  But I go into different places and don't see those numbers.  I was in the drug store and I think there are batteries that LOOK like they might fit the aimpoint, but there number are all different.  Are there other standard numbers in common useage for the battery?   I never have enough time to ask a clerk and my guess is they would probably be clueless.  

If they DON'T sell these batteries at drug stores, then where do you guys get them?  

For my surefire light, I see the drug store has "123" batteries and I'm assuming those are the same as a CR123.  But is there a difference?  When I bought the light I bought several Surefire batteries and have yet to use them up.  But I would like to stock up some more for that too.  

Thanks for helping me out.
View Quote

I haven't been able to find Aimpoint batteries in any store. You may be able to find them in an electronics store like maybe radio shack or best buy. I just order extras online.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I occasionally find them at a drugstore or grocery store, but not that often. Specialized stores like Batteries Plus or Radioshack would have them. Easiest way is to just order them online. That is how I got my last couple.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Batteries Plus, Radio Shack (If you still have one in your area) or Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought four of them off Amazon so I am set for the foreseeable future
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
They are expensive online, and really expensive from a retail outlet.

I see ten packs for $65.00 all the time on the web.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wrong battery
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Aimpoint

C'mon

You guys are not even trying...

There easy to find... and a couple will last you a lifetime....
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wrong battery
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wrong battery

How so? The description says it's a direct replacement for the same batteries Aimpoint says to use...
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How so? The description says it's a direct replacement for the same batteries Aimpoint says to use...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong battery

Its a Coin Battery, Do you own an Aimpoint? Have you ever seen the battery?
The only Aimpoint that takes a coin battery is the T-1 and that is a CR2032
Its the wrong battery.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I can see where it states its a replacement for the DL/1/3 , but the picture they have shows a coin cell
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can see where it states its a replacement for the DL/1/3 , but the picture they have shows a coin cell
View Quote

The picture also shows the packaging as saying 2L76 which is another name for DL 1/3N.

ETA: Amazon has the same image I believe the package is smaller in person. And shows the top of the Aimpoint battery. Amazon
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're a little fired up for being wrong. Switch to decaf...it's just a battery

Your head would probably explode if I told you that you could use two L76/357 "coin" batteries in series to make the sight function. It works, I've tried it in a PRO. It's even the exact voltage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#15]
This is the major failing of most Aimpoints. The battery is a pain in the ass. The Comp M4 uses a AA which is the best fucking idea Aimpoint has ever had.

https://www.amazon.com/2L76-3-Volt-Lithium-Battery-Replaces/dp/B0057VOPZ8
https://www.bestbyte.net/batteries/lithium-photo-batteries/evergreen-3v-lithium-battery-2l76-cr1-3n-1-3n-retail-blister.html

that's the bastard you're looking for. This weird little guy:

Also fun fact: If you have a legit Comp M2/ M68CCO, there is no indication of how you need to orient your battery in the hole. One way will work and the other way won't, and you won't be able to test it until you screw that pain in the but cap all the way in. Thanks Aimpoint, I'm sure marking the battery compartment would have made your $600 sight somehow unaffordable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is the major failing of most Aimpoints. The battery is a pain in the ass. The Comp M4 uses a AA which is the best fucking idea Aimpoint has ever had.

https://www.bestbyte.net/batteries/lithium-photo-batteries/evergreen-3v-lithium-battery-2l76-cr1-3n-1-3n-retail-blister.html

http://static4.tme.eu/products_pics/b/7/5/b753ced14094e73576b017d9323be362/12216.jpg

Also fun fact: If you have a legit Comp M2/ M68CCO, there is no indication of how you need to orient your battery in the hole. One way will work and the other way won't, and you won't be able to test it until you screw that pain in the but cap all the way in. Thanks Aimpoint, I'm sure marking the battery compartment would have made your $600 sight somehow unaffordable.
View Quote

Is this battery here the same? I have a Comp M2 and I think my local whole sale outlet sells these.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is this battery here the same? I have a Comp M2 and I think my local whole sale outlet sells these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static4.tme.eu/products_pics/b/7/5/b753ced14094e73576b017d9323be362/12216.jpg

Based on the packaging saying CR1/3N I would go with yes, it will work.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Just ran to the store to solve the mystery for arfcom. I figured I could use a couple extra years of illumination for my Comp M2 and since I bought it used I wasn't sure how old the battery I had in it was so I replaced it. They didn't have the viridian Cr1/3ns but they did have the Energizer 2L76s I bought 2 and can confirm these are the right batteries.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just ran to the store to solve the mystery for arfcom. I figured I could use a couple extra years of illumination for my Comp M2 and since I bought it used I wasn't sure how old the battery I had in it was so I replaced it. They didn't have the viridian Cr1/3ns but they did have the Energizer 2L76s I bought 2 and can confirm these are the right batteries.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Batteries Plus. No issues and always in stock.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:43:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Menards sells them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:00:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Your head would probably explode if I told you that you could use two L76/357 "coin" batteries in series to make the sight function. It works, I've tried it in a PRO. It's even the exact voltage.
View Quote

There's a reason the stock type battery is a "2L76"... it's the equivalent of 2 L76s.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There's a reason the stock type battery is a "2L76"... it's the equivalent of 2 L76s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know All you really need is the correct sized battery and the correct 3 volts. Hell, you could make a 'dummy' battery with leads to a 2 AA setup and probably run a PRO  for 15 years on one set of batteries, if you duct taped the AA's to the sight
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#24]
My apologies,,, I was wrong...

And now I know

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Local Batteries Plus store for me also.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#26]
When my Daughter was little she used to sing the Menards song "Save big money at Bernards."   LOL.  

So which store did you go to, to find them Alaskanforfreedom?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I know All you really need is the correct sized battery and the correct 3 volts. Hell, you could make a 'dummy' battery with leads to a 2 AA setup and probably run a PRO  for 15 years on one set of batteries, if you duct taped the AA's to the sight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or a single CR123.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And now I know

Thanks
View Quote
You are forgiven.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When my Daughter was little she used to sing the Menards song "Save big money at Bernards."   LOL.  

View Quote

It's a local outlet I think only we have, I believe there's another location in one of the Great Lakes states. It's called Three Bears.

ETA: I'll be out and about today and I'll see if I can stop by one or two of the larger retailers or a Walgreens or something. I do know last time I looked I didn't realize that the Energizer 2L76 was the same thing. The cost between local retail and online was a decent amount about $2 more (per battery) if you were to spring for something like this four pack (the shipping cost may easily make up for it). The advantage in being able to buy local is that you can see the expiration dates on the packages. It may be worth the added cost to know the expiration date before you buy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You are forgiven.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now I know

Thanks
You are forgiven.  

Me love you long time GI, no homo.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's a local outlet I think only we have, I believe there's another location in one of the Great Lakes states. It's called Three Bears.

ETA: I'll be out and about today and I'll see if I can stop by one or two of the larger retailers or a Walgreens or something. I do know last time I looked I didn't realize that the Energizer 2L76 was the same thing. The cost between local retail and online was a decent amount about $2 more (per battery) if you were to spring for something like this four pack (the shipping cost may easily make up for it). The advantage in being able to buy local is that you can see the expiration dates on the packages. It may be worth the added cost to know the expiration date before you buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2032 and DL1/3N batteries I buy from Amazon don't come with expiration dates on the packaging anymore for some reason. They are the popular Energizer brand in retail packaging and everything.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
So energizer is the company that uses the 2L76 number.  What company does the DL1/3N?   I thought I looked good at walgreens and CVS pharmacy and didn't see them.  But saw stuff that looked similar.  I think I might check again, just to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#33]
*I think*, not sure here, but I believe Duracell uses the DL number. The important part is the 1/3N portion of the name. A 1/3N battery is a 3 volt battery that is 1/3 the size of an N cell. N cells used to be used in small games/cameras/etc, but I think they're mostly obsolete. No clue where or who got the notion to make a battery that is 1/3 the size of an N cell but make it 3 volts.

I was a radioshack nerd in my late teens/early 20's, but I'm not proud of that fact lol.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
*I think*, not sure here, but I believe Duracell uses the DL number. The important part is the 1/3N portion of the name. A 1/3N battery is a 3 volt battery that is 1/3 the size of an N cell. N cells used to be used in small games/cameras/etc, but I think they're mostly obsolete. No clue where or who got the notion to make a battery that is 1/3 the size of an N cell but make it 3 volts.

I was a radioshack nerd in my late teens/early 20's, but I'm not proud of that fact lol.
View Quote

Own it.  You just taught me something.  Thank you.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top