Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:26:36 PM EDT
I think I have it narrowed down between these two scopes for my AR.  No hard use at all, just going to the range and shooting at 100 yards or less.  The price of each one is about the same and both have a lifetime warranty.

The Duplex reticle on the Leupold and Point Blank reticle on the Nikon would be fine for me.  The Leupold is about 4 ounces lighter which I like. The reticle lines (I'm told) are thicker on the Nikon which I actually would like because I can't see worth a damn any more.  Anyone know if that is a fact?  I hate getting old.

So if you have had either one or both, feel free to give me your .02 worth and advice.  It is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my Mark AR but I have the SPR reticle. It is at least 1 moa thick. Not sure on the Nikon.

I bought the Mark AR for its lightweight and have been very impressed with it.

Can you look at both locally somewhere?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like my Mark AR but I have the SPR reticle. It is at least 1 moa thick. Not sure on the Nikon.

I bought the Mark AR for its lightweight and have been very impressed with it.

Can you look at both locally somewhere?
View Quote

I've called around.  Nearest shop that has both is a solid hour away. Might go there though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the AR MOd 1 also, but without the illuminated dot. Have it on my SIG M400, and really like it. Someday I'll get a quick detach mount for it, the supplied mount needs to be re-torqued now and again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Nikon, but I went with a Prostaff BDC 3x9x40. For the $ it's VERY clear glass and I'm happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't go wrong with either. Great customer service. I still always lean Leopold, although I have several of each brand.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked at the duplex reticle on the Leupold, pretty thin.  Seems no one around here has a SPR reticle in stock.  I might go with the Nikon point blank reticle.  The guys at SWFA (site sponsor) say it is a bit heavier so that might work.  The small dot in the center might help too.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top