Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2016 10:34:33 AM EDT
Has any one else has problems with this sight.  My first one wouldn't remember the last brightness setting and always returned to setting 7.  The replacement sight has an auto shut off range of 1-12hrs when the manual says it should be 2-8.  Each blink counts for one hour and the new sight allows 1-12 blinks.  I tested it on 1 hour and it did turn off after an hour.  The first sight only allowed 2-8 blinks.  I don't find it confidence inspiring when the sight has different features than what's stated in the manual.  I thought this is supposed to be the same sight as the holosun 403.  Is it possible that truglo asked holosun to make this sight with cheaper electronics to lower the price of these sights?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Every experience I have ever had with Truglo has been a bad one. I would never buy one again, they are junk.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has any one else has problems with this sight.  My first one wouldn't remember the last brightness setting and always returned to setting 7.  The replacement sight has an auto shut off range of 1-12hrs when the manual says it should be 2-8.  Each blink counts for one hour and the new sight allows 1-12 blinks.  I tested it on 1 hour and it did turn off after an hour.  The first sight only allowed 2-8 blinks.  I don't find it confidence inspiring when the sight has different features than what's stated in the manual.  I thought this is supposed to be the same sight as the holosun 403.  Is it possible that truglo asked holosun to make this sight with cheaper electronics to lower the price of these sights?
View Quote

My 403 G always goes to the same setting when it comes on. One of the biggest grievances I have with that optic.

I think my 403 G has the 2-8 setting, but it is one of the earlier ones. More recently I got my hands on a 503FL and it did the 1-12 blinks and the auto-off didn't seem to directly correspond with the blinks. I'd imagine they just changed the circuitry for all of their sights recently.

503GU remembers settings and has 10 minute auto-sleep and auto-wake, if you're looking for a step up within the value price range.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top