Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2016 11:21:23 PM EDT
I have 2 ML3, 1 Pro, and 1 Micro.
Changed the batteries in them around July of 2014. The units have the batteries in them and the setting turned to "OFF".
They only get used like once or twice a year at the range. Then they get turned off while they are in the vault.
When should I change them again?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Changed the batteries in them around July of 2014. The units have the batteries in them and the setting turned to "OFF".
They only get used like once or twice a year at the range. Then they get turned off while they are in the vault.
View Quote

M3 series is 5 years constant on as is the micro. The PRO is 3 years constant on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
When you think of it make a reminder and get them. But they last for years if you turn them off and they are in fun gun use.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
My Aimpoints stay on 24/7.  No need to conserve batteries when they last years even when left on (depending on brightness setting), with the CompM4/M4s having the longest battery life of 8 years.  If still not confident in the longevity of batteries in Aimpoints, just switch your batteries annually.  A good rule of thumb is to swap them out on a day that is easily remembered (e.g. birthday, anniversary, New Years, etc.)
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
My T1's stay on setting 9 full time and I change my batteries every three years just because.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it is fantastic that they last 3 years on setting 9!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My T1's stay on setting 9 full time and I change my batteries every three years just because.
View Quote

That's a pretty good testament to their battery life, I've seen most say setting 9 will only do like 9 months give or take, and setting 8 is what is best to get longer life.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My Aimpoints stay on 24/7.  No need to conserve batteries when they last years even when left on (depending on brightness setting), with the CompM4/M4s having the longest battery life of 8 years.  If still not confident in the longevity of batteries in Aimpoints, just switch your batteries annually.  A good rule of thumb is to swap them out on a day that is easily remembered (e.g. birthday, anniversary, New Years, etc.)
View Quote

I don't personally leave mine on 24/7, but battery life notwithstanding, what is the life of the LED inside the sight? I dont know if I've ever seen a number value on that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Until they are dead.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#10]
change em out once a year
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Just FYI as I noticed this on their FB. If your AP isn't last as long as you would like, most likely, it's the battery but there's a chance it could be a bleed on the switch.

" />
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just FYI as I noticed this on their FB. If your AP isn't last as long as you would like, most likely, it's the battery but there's a chance it could be a bleed on the switch.

http://i.imgur.com/R300H2H.png?1" />
View Quote

Never use the battery that comes w/a new optic. Always replace w/a fresh lithium.
Tomac
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#13]
My H1 lasted over 3 years sometimes on 8 and sometimes on 9.  Now with a new battery it is on setting 9, always on.  An Aimpoint rep was also an instructor when I went to Gunsite, he said the factory specs are for setting #8.  If you aren't getting the claimed battery life (at setting 8) it is due to the battery.  He said he just leaves his always on and changes the battery when the dot appears dimmer than it should.  They don't just die, they start to dim so when you feel like you have to move it up a setting or 2 to get it as bright as you had it before, that is when you change the battery.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

M3 series is 5 years constant on as is the micro. The PRO is 3 years constant on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my Pro. What level of brightness are we talking about. I have it pretty high and I get about a year maybe more out of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never use the battery that comes w/a new optic. Always replace w/a fresh lithium.
Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/R300H2H.png?1" />

Tomac

This is excellent advice.  I do the same with weapon lights.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not my Pro. What level of brightness are we talking about. I have it pretty high and I get about a year maybe more out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

go here Aimpoints page for the PRO states 30k hours (approx 10k hours per year)on setting 7
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top