Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2016 12:01:14 PM EDT
I've been lurking for years, but signed up just to show this.  The target below shows my first 3 rounds at 100 yards from my new rifle.  I figured it would be fun to talk about.

The scope is a Vortex StikeEagle on a Larue LT-104 mount.  At the range I was at you have to put 3 rounds into the diamond at 100y to qualify to shoot at 300y.  After the first shot I removed the scope and showed my buddy.  The second round was there too so I removed it a second time.  The third shot was still there.  All in all, that is a three round group that measures right at .8" with a scope removal between shots.  I was using 55gr AE bulk ammo.  I'll take it.  I bet I can shrink the group when the M.B.T. I ordered a few weeks ago arrives.

Here is my rifle, also my AR and first build.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Larue does make great mounts, but you pay a lot of cheese for them. If they are adjusted right, they don't even dig into your receiver.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been lurking for years, but signed up just to show this.  The target below shows my first 3 rounds at 100 yards from my new rifle.  I figured it would be fun to talk about.

<a href="http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/texscott79xscott79/media/target_zps0ryzvegq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y301/texscott79xscott79/target_zps0ryzvegq.jpg</a>

The scope is a Vortex StikeEagle on a Larue LT-104 mount.  At the range I was at you have to put 3 rounds into the diamond at 100y to qualify to shoot at 300y.  After the first shot I removed the scope and showed my buddy.  The second round was there too so I removed it a second time.  The third shot was still there.  All in all, that is a three round group that measures right at .8" with a scope removal between shots.  I was using 55gr AE bulk ammo.  I'll take it.  I bet I can shrink the group when the M.B.T. I ordered a few weeks ago arrives.

Here is my rifle, also my AR and first build.

<a href="http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/texscott79xscott79/media/rifle_zpskdmptcaa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y301/texscott79xscott79/rifle_zpskdmptcaa.jpg</a>
View Quote

Welcome and good first post. Couple of things I want to point out to you. I don't believe a match grade barrel (don't know for sure if Larue barrels are match grade) will help you get good groups with the ammo using due to the limitations in accuracy of 55 gr FMJ. Most FMJs are capable of 2-3 MOA (roughly 2-3 inches at 100 yards). I don't mean to detract from your post but am trying to inform so you aren't disappointed about the accuracy if you fire the same ammo through the Larue rifle. Despite that I do believe that is some great shooting and will commend you again on your great first post.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice you just need 22 more shots.  MOA Challenge
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I swap a Sightron SIII and an Eotech back and forth, both on LaRue Mounts. My son and I swapped scopes for troubleshooting purposes, his also a LaRue, and both POI's were only about 1 1/2 inc different. His was a Frankin-gun and mine a Rock River.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top